18: Old Friend or Foe?

Elle lost track of how long they had been running for. The green eyed boy led her and Henry through the jungle and they made it to a clearing to catch their breaths.

"I knew I should not have eaten that pop tart before we left," Elle let out grabbing her side exhausted, "When we get back home, I'll hit the gym."

"I think we lost them," the boy said. 

"Okay," Henry panted, "Can we rest for a minute?" 

The boy gave a mute nod and Henry sat down with Elle beside him. 

"You're new," the boy observed, "Did the shadow take you, too?"

Elle shook her head, "No, we were kidnapped by some people who work for Pan."

Her tone was laced with bitterness at the name and the boy looked at Elle with raised eyebrows. 

"I'm sorry," the boy said, "If he sent for you, he wants you. And if Pan wants you, he will get you."

"Not on my watch," Elle said bringing her sword out, "He'll have to go through me before he can get to Henry."

"Why does Pan want you?" Henry asked the boy. 

The boy moved his scarf over to show a small tube, "Pixie Dust. I stole it from him cause I thought I could use it to fly away and go home. But it doesn't work. It's useless."

"Don't worry," Henry assured him, "My family's coming to rescue me, and you could come with us."

"You really think you're the first boy to believe that his family's actually coming for them?"

"My family's different," Henry said to the boy, "We always find each other."

"He's got a point," Elle said, "Pan has no idea what he is up against."

"You better hope they don't," the boy said to them, "Or else Pan will rip their shadows into oblivion."

Elle thought of how the shadow ripped Greg's shadow from his body. She did not want that to happen to Hook. 

"It's going to be okay," Henry said putting a hand on his shoulder, "I promise. Don't lose hope. All we need is time."

"This is Neverland," Elle scoffed, "There's nothing but time here."

"Is there a place where we can hide from the Lost Boys?" Henry asked the boy.

"There's a place they can't track us. The Echo Caves," the boy said, "But it's far."

The jungle rustled around them and Elle knew the Lost Boys were onto them again. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Henry asked, "Lead the way."

The three of them continued to flee. Elle continued to run behind them thinking of the island. Her eyes widened as she discovered where the boy was going to lead them. 

"Stop," she shouted and both boys paused, "You're leading us right to a cliff."

"You've been here before?" Henry asked, "You remember?"

Elle nodded her head, "Yeah, bits and pieces. It's slowly coming back to me."

 "Pardon me," the green eyed boy said, "Memories?"

Henry answered for her, "Elle lost her memories and they're slowly coming back."

"Consider it the Dark One's doing," Elle muttered. 

The green eye boy widened his eyes, "The Dark One?"

"Someone you don't ever want to meet," Elle said, "He's worse than the demon my father told me about, Pan himself."