2: The Yellow Bug

"He's been missing all day," Regina Mills said frantic.

Sheriff Graham returned from searching the town and came back empty handed much to her heartbreak. Meanwhile, eighteen year old Elle Weston entered the room in an effort to calm Regina down.

"I can go out to search for him," she offered and Regina instantly rejected her suggestion.

"I do not need two children going missing," she scolded and Elle sighed in defeat.

It had been two years since she was found on the town line one stormy night. When she awoke with no recollection of her past, Regina offered to let her stay at the house with herself and Henry. Elle was more than thankful for Regina and in turn, Regina began to care for the girl as if she were her own daughter.

Elle fiddled with her locket as she looked out the window to the front of the house. She hid the fact that she knew Henry had left Storybrooke in search of his birth mother. In fact, she kept quiet when he used Mary Margaret Blanchard's credit card to use a track your brith mother website. She dreaded the day Regina would find out knowing they would both be in big trouble.

In the past two years, she saw Henry as a little brother. He believed everyone in Storybrooke was cursed by Regina and forgot who they truly were. Elle thought his idea to be preposterous, but perhaps he may be onto something. If what Henry said was true, maybe that was what happened to her.

A small smile crept onto her face as she turned her attention back to a panicking Regina.

"Check it out," the teenager said, "A yellow car just pulled up to the house."

Regina looked at Elle and joined her at the window. She quickly opened the front door running to Henry who stood there.

"Oh, are you okay?" She asked hugging the ten year old boy tightly, "Where have you been?"

A blonde women in a red leather jacket stood there with Henry and Elle watched the exchange from the doorway.

"I found my real mom," Henry bursted out running into the house.

"Henry-" Elle starts to say, but the boy grabbed her hand pulling her into the house.

"Come on," he exclaims, "There's so much I have to tell you."

They entered his room and Elle looked at Henry for a reason behind his behaviour.

"That is your birth mother?" She asked and he nodded his head.

"Her name is Emma Swan. She lived in Boston and drove me here."

"How did you get her to come with you?" She asked him.

"She threatened to call the cops on me," Henry said, "I told her in response that I would tell them she kidnapped me if she didn't take me back to Storybrooke."

"I wonder how Regina is taking all of this," Elle said worried peering out his bedroom window.

"She'll be fine. She's the evil queen," Henry said distant.

"Henry," Elle smiled softly at the boy ruffling his hair, "She's your mother."

"No," Henry said, "Emma is."

Elle rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"Is everything alright?" Graham asked popping his head into the room.

"Yes," Elle and Henry replied.

Graham gave a nod and left the room. Henry looked at Elle whispering, "She's the key to breaking the curse, I just know it."