Chapter 29

A/N That's enough comedy for a while. Time for some evil guy.

Jude Heartfilia. Evil extraordinaire. His plans were always exquisite, and most of the time, they worked.

Probably because he delegated everything to the Phantom Lord guild. Including the planning. So the plans weren't his at all.

But Jose was late. Jude sneered as he decided to remind Jose just who was paying him. In front of Lucy, of course. He needed to establish in her mind that defying him leads to very bad consequences.

Not that she didn't know, of course. He had made sure to imprint it mentally as well as physically onto her. He still remembered holding a burning poker to her underarm the first time, her delicious screams of pain like music to his ears, and oh, the smell of the burning flesh.

Ah, the good old days.

He walked over to his whip that he had bought specially. It really was an exquisite thing. The owner had said something about it being made of condensed spandex, allowing it to expand and sting more, but he was more interested in the silver running along the top. Truly exquisite.

Just as exquisite as Lucy's cries of pain would be. Speaking of which, somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in", he said irritably. The door opened and his wayward daughter walked in. She was looking downwards, and appeared fearful. He looked at her empty wrists in disappointment.

"Finally. Where's Jose, bitch? Scared to show his face because he's late? JOSE", he yelled down the hall. "I TOLD YOU TO HANDCUFF HER WITH THE SPIKED CUFFS I GAVE YOU!"

He looked at Lucy again. "Where is he?!"

Lucy didn't answer. He was about to yell again when she looked him in the eye, her expression changing into a blank one.

"I-I-I hate you, and I d-d-don't want y-you to attack F-F-Fairy Tail again!"

Jude was stunned for a brief moment. What audacity! Then his expression morphed into one of rage. He turned and lifted the whip, then swung it at her.

SNAP!

Humans think faster than they feel. First, Jude was stunned to see his whip caught by a pink haired brat. Second, he wondered why there was a snapping sound, seeing that the whip was intact. Then he felt incredible pain.

Natsu had not, in fact, snapped the whip. Instead, he had caught the whip while simultaneously snapping Jude's jaw and making a few teeth pop out.

Natsu looked at Lucy. "You may not want to watch this."

Lucy took some steps backwards, and then turned to him. She wanted to tell him not to kill her father, but she didn't know how. She wasn't the only one he'd hurt, and yes, he deserved it, but-

Her eyes conveyed all of that. Natsu sighed. "Don't worry, Lucy, I won't kill him. But I swear, you should leave and go look at bunnies or something. You will be happier."

Lucy frowned. "What are you going to do?"

Natsu cocked his head to a side. "Have you seen Scanners?"

"No, but I have seen SAO Abridged, if that's what you're asking."

"Yeah, well, basically that, but less violent."

Lucy left.

Turning back to Jude, Natsu lifted him up by the throat and slammed him on the ground. Putting hand on his head, Natsu made blood burst out of Jude's ears.

"Never attack Fairy Tail, and don't you dare to put a hand on Lucy ever again, you sick fuck!"

Whipping him with his own whip for good measure, Natsu turned around. Inspecting the whip, he realized that it was the whip he'd wanted to buy for Lucy.