Chapter 38

A/N Note that I never said Chendy was going to be fluffy, wholesome and/or non-toxic. I'm just really hammering in the fact that the vampires are villains. Also, yes, I'm going the VirgoxAquarius (Virquarius?) route. A slight revelation about the Celestial Spirits. And I kept my promise. Longer waits, but longer chapters too.

Chelia was one of the few lucky people who did not have a sad backstory.

Sure, her parents had been killed by Deliora when she was tiny, but her sister had taken care of her, and she was surrounded by a guild that would protect her.

Yes, she had once expressed interest in the entirely too much amount of leg the 'fish-lady' had displayed while turning human in The Little Mermaid, rather than gushing over a prince who was, in her words, "the broccoli of cinema", and their guild leader had been rather unpleasant about it for a few weeks. However, she had had three square meals a day, plus snacks, enough clothes, shelter, and no one had ever refused when she'd asked them to help her with her Sky God Slaying magic.

Then the universe obviously took offense and decided to ruin everything.

The invasion had been going well. There had been four people similar to one Chelia had helped fight a few days ago, and they were really strong, but Lamia Scale had more people. It was a pretty even fight, and the invaders had been trying to capture some of them and kill others. It could even have been judged in favor of Lamia Scale.

Then a fifth, tiny, blue haired invader broke through the roof riding a flying cat, of all things, and called down a wrathful storm (literally) upon them with a wave of her hand. Well, less wrathful and more of a hyperactive, overexcited storm, but it was a storm, nonetheless. And none of them had umbrellas, literal or figurative.

Chelia was now standing behind their guild master, Ooba Babasama, who was brandishing a walking stick at the blue-haired girl.

"Go away! Don't hurt my guild anymore, or I shall annihilate you!"

Wendy wrinkled her nose. "You're smelly." She then turned to Robin. "Can I kill her, at least? I mean, you wouldn't let me kill that girl, or that guy, or that kid", said Wendy, pointing at the aforementioned people one by one.

"Yeah, sure, kid. Go ahead." Robin gave her a thumbs-up, wondering whether kids should be that... trigger-happy.

The guild master threw her hands out and twirled them as Wendy pounced at her, grinning. Her unique magic spun Wendy around, but Wendy merely twirled with the spell and shoved a fist through her stomach, smiling excitedly the whole time.

Ooba turned towards Chelia and mouthed, 'Run!'. Then she coughed out blood. Wendy removed her hand, and the old lady crashed to the ground.

Wendy took a small lick at the blood on her arm, then made a face and shook her hand, using magic to clean the blood. It tasted horrible.

Chelia backed away as fast as she could, navigating around the bodies, both unconscious and dead. She thrusted her hands out and said, "Sky God-"

"Boo!"

To Chelia, it seemed as if the blue haired girl had disappeared and reappeared in front of her. In surprise, she sent the half formed ball of black wind at her.

Then, to her shock, the girl ate it. Chelia's eyes widened, then she turned the other way and ran.

Wendy's eyes fluttered shut in pure bliss. That magic wind tasted like a slice of heaven, not surprising, since in the ancient magical language, Japanese, Sky magic could also be translated as Heavenly magic. Wendy could feel the magic flowing through her veins, energizing her more than normal air ever could, making her body thrum with power.