Chapter 26

Yesterday, I got a comment. A tiny comment, saying Plz update. Now, when people say that these comments annoy them, they mean it. However, just looking at it, I felt something. It wasn't a particularly effortful comment. But still, I've often had to wait ages for updates, and it is not a pleasant experience. Also, it's my fault too, for not updating for a long time. So, here is the update, and also, dedicated to bloomlex_119.

Meanwhile, Laxus was facing a Phantom Lord member, who was desperately trying to convince him that he was not evil, by creating an elaborate but obvious lie.

"So", Laxus clarified, "you're saying that you come from a place called Earth, where magic doesn't exist at all, and that you were reincarnated into this universe, which was coincidentally depicted as one of those anime that Natsu watches. You are also under the misconception that I am some power hungry maniac, and I will soon be ejected from the guild, and that I am stronger than Natsu. Not only that, you also think that Natsu is the one who challenges Erza to battles. And loses."

"Yes?" said the confused Phantom Lord member. "Natsu, the goofy fire dragon slayer? Gray Fullbuster's rival?"

Laxus burst out laughing. The unnamed Phantom Lord member thought until he came to a shocking conclusion.

"Could I be in a fanfiction? I guess I would be an SI, then-"

Laxus got really mad. "Alright, look here, pal. I can stand terrible lies. Some are even funny. But you're saying that we are some fake universe, and, what is more, we're a fake version of the fake universe? Are you mental?"

"N-no, please understand-"

Laxus punched him and went on his way. And besides, he thought to himself, if we were in an anime, I would be the hero. Y'know, the guy whose Grandpa kicked his dad out? The guy who was implanted with a magic lacrima at a young age? Anime lightning users were badass, too.

On his way, Gray ran into both Sol, an Earth wizard, and Totomaru, a Fire wizard. He could see the benefits of having someone like Natsu in the guild. It gave them all motivation to become much, much stronger. His fight with Totomaru was over in an instant. His fight with Sol lasted a bit longer, but the moment Gray accidentally cut off one of Sol's ears, the earth mage was reduced to a blubbering mess.

"I didn't mean to! Come on, it was in the middle of a battle!"

"You cut it OFF! Who does that? Non non non! No one does that!"

"Fine! I'm sorry, okay?"

"SORRY? You cut my EAR OFF, and you say SORRY?"

"I think you're getting too hysterical. It's just an ear. It'll grow back."

"Ears. Don't. Grow. Back!"

Gray tilted his head. "Of course they do."

Sol looked horrified at this lack of knowledge about biology. "No! They don't! What are you gonna say next? That limbs grow back or something?"

"Yeah, they do. Want me to prove it? I'm cutting off your arm, okay? If it grows back, you admit I was right."

"And if it doesn't?!"

"Uh, then I admit you're right? I don't know, whatever you want. I know it's gonna grow back."

Sol had completely forgotten about his ear, and was now worried about his hands.

"Do not cut anything off."

"Fine", shrugged Gray. "Chicken."

It might be a fine point to say that Porlyusica had once had to regrow Gray's arm, and before he woke up (he'd lost an arm, of course he was unconscious!), the entire guild had placed him at the site of the massacre. In the guild hall. When he had woken up and remembered Erza very enthusiastically swinging her new sword around, he asked about his arm. They told him it had regrown. Gray, being six, believed it.

He was currently on his fifth arm, and still didn't know any better. If you asked anyone about it, it would be referred to as the Great Prank of Fairy Tail.

Gray moved forward and came to face a wall. He punched it, expecting it to break. It did not.

"This isn't iron?", Gray semi-asked.

"Of course it isn't. What if Gajeel ate it?" answered Sol, being unusually helpful for a villain. Somewhat like Ikkaku helping Ichigo after losing- Oh God, Gray was getting addicted to anime.

An evil idea began to form in Gray's head.

After breaking through a few more doors, Laxus found himself face to face with a large guy with a blindfold on his face, and beside him, a short guy who looked really careful.

The short guy walked up to Laxus and smiled. "Hey, I'm Iago. I'm the only member of the DCU, also called Dragon Care Unit, of Phantom Lord. What can I help you with? Do you want some ice cream? Or maybe some iron? I even have stuffed iguanas!"

Laxus stiffened. How? How? How did they know he was afraid of iguanas?!

Before the short man could bring out any creatures of terror, Laxus attempted to zap him. He was surprised to see the zap fizzle out into nothingness as the large man stepped forward and pushed Iago back.

"It is really sad that you must die at the hands of me, Aria, the strongest of the Element Four!" He looked at some weird symbol on his wrist. "And the last one remaining, apparently."

Laxus's eyes started sparkling. This was the last one left! So he could get a great fight, and also be the one who officially saved the day!

Laxus crouched, shifting his center of gravity, and pounced, turning into lightning midway. He came up against a block in the air itself. Hmm. It would seem that his opponent was an air user. He was at an elemental disadvantage.

Quickly turning back into his physical form, Laxus went into a jumping kick. As expected, his foot came up against a block. Using the block to run upwards, Laxus attempted to turn into lightning and hit Aria at point blank range.

The air mage dissolved into air, not unlike Laxus's own technique, and reappeared behind him as Laxus turned back into flesh. Laxus could barely turn before being hit by a wave of air that dazed him. It was immediately followed up by a succession of weaker air blasts that prevented him from regaining balance.

Laxus turned into lightning and went straight up, trying to get a brief respite. That was foiled as the next air blast scattered Laxus's lightning body, making it take longer to reform. As soon as it did, Laxus leapt in with an earth-shattering punch. The hastily erected air shield held against it, but barely. The next strike shattered it easily. Laxus brought his knee up to Aria's ribs.

Hastily turning into air to avoid the next hit, Aria rematerialized behind Laxus, only to receive an elbow in the face. He stepped back and hastily pulled off his blindfold, losing a tooth in the process. He pulled both of his hands back to deal a huge blast of power. Laxus crossed his arms to block it.

Then Aria stepped back in horror as Laxus started growing and bulging, his tattoos rippling over his skin.

"Titan magic", he said in awe. "You must be Makarov's grandson."

Immediately, he was hit in the chin with two immensely powerful fists, and lifted by the neck.

"You piece of scum, you will address", he punched Aria again, "my grandfather with his proper title", another punch, "The MASTER of", this time Laxus's punch sent him through the wall, facing all of Laxus's guildmates, "FAIRY TAIL!"

Of course, Aria was already unconscious. And the Fairy Tail members had their respect for him grow even more. After all, they hadn't heard anything about his grandfather. They'd just heard him yell the words Fairy Tail while hitting an evil villain.

That's luck for you.