Chapter 5

"Where's my dad? He has been gone for a week now. Send someone to find him!"

"Look, boy. Your father Macao is a Fairy Tail mage. We do not have anyone here who cannot take care of himself. So, run along. Back to your house- Ow!". The boy had punched Master Makarov in the face and run out, crying.

'If I were lost, would they just forget me?', thought Lucy to herself. She let out an involuntary shiver.

"What's the matter?", asked Natsu, from behind her, making her jump. Since Natsu had brought her, no one would sit with her, some in fear of incurring his wrath, and others thinking that she had to be really strong too. Only Happy often stayed with her, and so did a bluenette named Levy McGarden. She had also badgered Natsu again and again to sit with her, and not alone, something which no one dared to do. She had managed to make him sit in absolute silence, for fifteen minutes, before he had snagged a job and literally run away.

"Oh, you're back! It's nothing, I was just thinking, if I got lost on a mission, would you all abandon me?" Natsu looked at her with wide eyes.

Flashback

"Say, Natsu, if I got lost again, you would look for me, right? You wouldn't abandon me, would ya?"

"Why would you think that?", he asked, curious. "Um, there was a boy who came, saying his father was missing, and the master told him to go back home, and that his father could take care of himself. His name was Macao, I think."

Natsu stiffened. He offered her a hand. "Come on." "Where?" "We're going to save Macao." She smiled and took it. "Let's go!"

Sometime later, Natsu was regretting bringing Lucy. Seriously, did she ever keep quiet? On top of that, they were in a vehicle. It was irritating. Eventually they stopped, and got off. Natsu started walking, but stopped when he noticed that Lucy was shivering. He went to her and draped his jacket around her. "Newt time dress for cold weather."

She looked at him with a pout, which made her look (Natsu's thoughts, not mine) cute. "How was I supposed to know where we were going?" Natsu just chuckled. He had been doing that a lot, lately. He whispered in her ear, "Next time, ask", and started walking, leaving her flustered.

Lucy had to run to keep up with him. When she managed to get beside him, she wheezed, "Can you move slower, please?" He looked slightly annoyed, but slowed down enough for her to walk beside him comfortably. After a while, Lucy started to fall behind. They were near the peak of Mount Hakobe. Macao had come here to dispatch some wild Vulcans. The road was quite thin.

All of a sudden, a wild beast appeared in front of Lucy. "WOMAN!!!", it screamed. Before Natsu could react, he was pushed down the mountain. The beast, who Lucy was sure was a Vulcan, grabbed her and pulled her into a cave.

Fear bubbled in Lucy's stomach. What would this beast do to her?

"My WOMAN!!", roared the Vulcan again, as it pinned Lucy's arms above her head. Memories flashed through Lucy's head.

Flashback

"You little slut! You whore! You look like her, you murderer! You deserve this! You are a waste of space! Every breath you take is a waste of air!" All of this was said by the person Lucy couldn't believe was her father, as he pinned her arms and tore off her shirt.

Lucy closed her eyes in fear, when suddenly she felt a weird sensation. She was standing on the floor, she could see that, but she felt as if she was falling. The sensation stopped with a jerk, and a figure shot into the room, grabbing the Vulcan, and tearing it away from Lucy.

"Blood Dragon: Iron Fist!". The Vulcan shot across the cave and hit a wall. The wall cracked into multiple pieces, and the Vulcan was knocked out.

It slowly turned into Macao. He was losing blood fast, so Natsu placed a seal on him. He looked at Lucy and saw that she was shivering against the wall. If it had been anyone else, he would have shouted at them for not being able to defend themselves, but he didn't. Instead, he went and slowly picked her up. She started sobbing softly. "It's okay, I'm here." Lucy relaxed slightly, but not completely. She said shakily, "I-it was g-going to-" "You don't need to say it, I know what you mean." Hearing the way the Vulcan had said 'WOMAN' had not left much room for doubt.

Natsu grabbed Macao by the shirt and started walking. Lucy asked him, "Are you going to carry two people down an entire mountain?". If Natsu's hands had been free, he would have rubbed the back of his head. "Um, you don't need to worry about that."

Lucy was wondering how he could carry them both down. Her doubts were solved as soon as they entered the guild.

"NATSU!", shouted the guild master, rage written all over his face. "Do you mind telling me why you DESTROYED HALF OF MOUNT HAKOBE?!!!"

"It. Was. An. Accident!" ground out Natsu.

Lucy gulped. If that was an accident, just how strong was this Dragon Slayer?

If you like this chapter, please Vote, Comment and Follow.