Chapter 21

A/N By the way, if anyone is having some trouble following the Galuna island arc, Lyon is in Galuna island, he just doesn't know about Mavis and Zeref. He's doing the Moon thingie (I understand that in other fandoms, moon thingie usually means Infinite Tsukuyomi, but not here.), which Zeref and Mavis are taking advantage of.

Gray, Erza and Zeref reached Galuna island at dawn. None of them were well rested. Jellal had woken up in the middle of the night, and had proceeded to yell about Lord Zeref. Zeref had apologized to Erza, saying that Jellal was still possessed, and flicked his fingers, sending a purplish pink orb shooting out of his body. Jellal was out cold, but the trio had not been able to go back to sleep.

Natsu had not slept either. That was, however, for a much more mundane reason.

His sister, or possibly sister-in-law, snored. Loudly. He pitied this 'Zer-bear', whoever it was.

Something fell on his head. Then something fell on the something that had fallen on his head. Natsu moved aside. Then, another thing dropped where the something on top of the something on top of his head was a moment ago.

Natsu shook his head in irritation, and the several somethings fell on the other something.

Gray had no idea what had had happened. One second, he was in front of a deep ravine, and the next, he was lying on top of Zeref and below Erza. Oh wait, he did know what happened. He fell.

Erza stood up and dusted off her armor. Her eyes fell on Natsu.

"Wait, what? What are you doing here, Na-", Mavis had stuffed some plants into her mouth.

Zeref gave Mavis a bright smile from his position on the floor. She giggled at him. In retaliation, he pulled her down on him.

Mavis was nuzzling her face into his chest, as if she hadn't seen him for years, which she hadn't. Zeref kissed her forehead fondly. Then, his gaze landed on the pink-haired Dragon Slayer.

Staying composed, he raised an eyebrow at Mavis, asking if it really was him or not. Mavis gave him a tiny smile and nodded.

Zeref grinned widely and rolled over, so that he was on top of Mavis. They engaged in a passionate kiss, involving several things right out of a storybook. 'Strings of saliva', 'hungry animals', 'wild and forceful', stuff like that.

Erza spat out the plants in her mouth, which just happened to be poison ivy, and cleared her throat. Zeref and Mavis immediately sprang apart. Zeref stood up and dusted his clothes. He gave Natsu and Happy a broad smile.

"Hey!"

Happy beamed at being given somewhat equal importance as Natsu. Natsu himself, however, looked at Zeref suspiciously.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Zeref", said Zeref, causing Natsu to raise his eyebrows, which was the Natsu equivalent of pulling out his hair and screaming. "Zeref Dragneel. Pleased to meet you." At the word Dragneel, Erza and Gray gawked at him. He had not told them that little tidbit.

Natsu blinked several times.

"Are you my long-lost older brother or something?"

Zeref had still not wrapped his head around the fact that he had found his younger brother. "I guess?", he tried.

Natsu gestured around him. "In that case, isn't this supposed to be, y'know, more exciting and stuff? With tons of crying, and congratulations, and giant floodlights and stuff? Doesn't stuff like this happen during life-or-death situations?"

Zeref cocked his head to the side as he considered it. "Well, I don't feel like crying or fighting for my life right now. Do you?"

Natsu shook his head. "Nah, I'm alright."