Chapter 39

A/N It's not as long as the last chapter. The chapters will not be that long anymore. I have discovered that when I work on two projects simultaneously (the other project being my Naruto story on fanfiction.net), it takes longer than it would've done if I'd just done them individually. Also, I have school. Bad school. It wasn't this bad last year, but now it's all work, work, work. So, updates will be slower and shorter.

In more cheerful news, Sasuke has now gone to Orochimaru! By Sasuke, I mean Chelia, and by Orochimaru, I mean- well, I'm not gonna tell you that, but it happens in this chapter. No, it's not the vampires.

All the villagers stood gathered around Natsu. The village chieftain was giving a motivational speech to the villagers. Natsu had absolutely no idea why. The villagers weren't the ones destroying the moon, after all.

"And now, give it up for the murderous young man who has agreed to destroy the moon for us!"

Natsu interrupted, "I didn't 'agree' out of the goodness of my heart, by the way. It was an S-Class mission, and I assume there are mission rewards?"

"Oh, yes, sir, of course!" Natsu hadn't acted nearly as scary as he used to for a few weeks now, and he had missed this. He knew it was bad, but he had. If Igneel had been there, he would've told him something or the other about dragon urges, dominance, etcetera, and Sanguinia would have made some comment about dominance that Natsu now understood was lewd, after being exposed to Cana's influence.

Natsu was broken out of his reverie, only to see a legion of bug-eyed demons looking at his melancholic smile. He coughed once to hide his embarrassment, sneaking a look at Lucy, who was standing on the sidelines. He took a deep breath, blood engulfed his body, and he shot skywards.

It was exhilarating to feel the wind on his body, and he accelerated even more. There was a small boom as he broke the sound barrier, and he allowed himself a small smirk. He was going to destroy the moon!

Wait, was that a-

THUNK!

No, the barrier wasn't nearly strong enough to stop him. However, he hadn't expected a barrier, so it severely messed up his momentum. He still rose for a significant length, but frowned as he came to a stop.

Then his eyes widened in horror as he started falling downwards. He quickly called out, "Happy!" It was Happy's mission, and he would definitely come soaring through the air like a big damn hero, yell "Aye sir!", catch him, and then ask for fish!

Cut to Happy, who had forgotten completely about the mission and was being fed fish by Mirajane.

Cut back to Galuna island, where Natsu crashed onto the demon chief with absolutely no injuries to his person.

"Well", he said, dusting his pants, "That didn't work out well. Hang on, lemme try aga-" he looked at the demons to see them looking at their bodies in wonder.

"Ooh", they said together, "We were actually demons!"

"Of course you were", Natsu said irritably. "I could have told you that myself. Now hang on, let me destroy-"

"No, sir, we don't need you to destroy the moon anymore!"

Natsu turned to them with a flat "What?"

After some polite discussion, during which Natsu was assured that they would still get a Golden Key as a reward (which Lucy identified as Sagittarius's key), they went back to the cave where Deliora used to be frozen.

"You know what, maybe I will try to forge a contract with Sagittarius", Lucy spoke up suddenly, looking at the key. "I mean, I can always try, right?"