Chapter 2

"I want to join as an S-Class Wizard."

A boy who was half naked suddenly jumped in. "What?! Gramps, you cannot let him do that! It's not right."

Makarov raised his hand to quieten the boy. Turning to Natsu, he said, "Only the most powerful wizards of the guild can become S-Class. You have to pass a test for that. You can't just become an S-Class wizard on joining!"

"Look, you old man, I have no doubt that I can beat any mage here-"

"That doesn't mean-"

"Without getting a single scratch, and using minimal magic."

Makarov stopped whatever he was saying and stared. He was about to refuse when the rest of the guild roared their approval. "Yes, master!", "Make him fight Gray!", "No way, Erza is stronger!", and the like were shouted throughout the guild. The guild master sighed and said, "If you beat Erza, then I'll think about it."

A crooked smile curved Natsu's face. "With pleasure."

A lot of people said, "Master, look at him! There is no way he can beat Erza!", but instantly stopped on seeing Natsu's glare. His glare was dark and dangerous.

When Erza walked up, Natsu immediately chuckled. "This will be over in ten seconds."

Erza growled at him. "And you will be the one groaning on the floor." She charged as the guild started counting.

"TEN!"

Erza swung a punch, which Natsu dodged by leaning back slightly. "Heh."

"NINE!"

Erza brought her elbow back, which Natsu dodged again, with no apparent effort.

"EIGHT!"

Erza kicked at his head, and Natsu sidestepped it with ease, sending Erza off balance.

"SEVEN!"

Erza tried to regain her footing, while Natsu said, "This is getting boring."

"SIX!"

"Reequip, Purgatory Armor!"

"FIVE!"

Erza swung her sword, and Natsu ducked. "Pathetic."

"FOUR!"

Erza kicked out at him, and he pushed her shoulder slightly, making her drop her sword and roll away. A feeling of apprehension bubbled in Makarov's gut.

"THREE!"

Natsu picked up Erza's sword as she barreled at him.

"TWO!"

Natsu wrapped his leg around hers and pushed, and Erza fell to the ground.

"ONE!"

Natsu pinned her hands to the ground with his foot and brought the sword down, stopping mere millimetres away from her neck. "Zero," he whispered. "Game over."

The entire guild hall became silent. Macao was the first one to say anything. "Whoa!" Macao shot a few sparks overhead, but missed, and the sparks zoomed towards the fallen Erza. Not wanting to see the horrible sight, the guild members snapped their eyes shut.

When they opened their eyes, they saw an incredible sight. Natsu had caught the flames and was eating them. After finishing, he said, "You can make way more powerful flames with less energy. This kind of fire is inefficient and unhealthy. It might make me fat."

Macao just gaped. He had not been aware that there indeed was something like a healthy fire. Natsu then turned to Makarov.

"So, old man, what do you say?"

Before the old man could answer, a half-naked mage jumped in front of him and said, "I'll take you on!" Natsu felt himself getting even more irritated, so he tapped into his Spirit powers. "Fine, c'mon. I'll beat you without even touching you!"

Gray slammed his fists together and was about to say a spell when his eyes met Natsu's directly, and his vision swirled.

"Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Rage of Ether, Swirling Sky!"

Gray could see nothing and hear nothing. He just felt pain throughout his body for what felt like a few minutes. The others, however, saw Gray look into Natsu's eyes and collapse on the ground. A few members asked each other, "Did he realize that he's gay or something?"

Seeing the old man just standing there, Natsu huffed and sent out his power to sniff out the strongest person in the guild. Apart from the master, the strongest person who was currently there was a blond man with rippling muscles. Really? That guy? Wait.

"Laxus!"

The blond mage looked his way and his mouth dropped open. "Dragneel? That you?"

"Yep!"

Laxus had met Natsu some time ago. At the time, Laxus had just received his Dragon Slayer Lacrima, and was cocky about his power. So, he set out to kill a dragon. Y' know, typical teenage drama.

The teenager had met Natsu when the latter was only five. The fight had not gone well for Laxus. Now he had a healthy fear of Natsu.

"Gramps, he's the guy who beat me up without even using magic! I suggest you let him in. It'll be fun to have somebody who can give me a challenge."

Natsu glared. "Yes, I assume that walking for weeks with a crutch is quite challenging."

The Master agreed to Natsu's demand, to the shock and protests of many of the guild members, making him an S-Class Wizard from the beginning. Natsu then said, "Hey old man, the grumpy lady said there's food here."

"Ah, yes, yes. Food. When you want food, go to Mira."

"Okay, gramps", said Natsu, copying what the boy called 'Gray' had called the master. He then went over to Mira, a white-haired girl who seemed to alternate between serving food and laughing at Erza.

"Oh, hello! What can I get for- Aah!", screamed the girl as Natsu sank his teeth in her throat and started sucking her blood.

"Natsu! What are you doing?!", shouted the master as he and Laxus tried to pry him off the girl. After letting go, Natsu raised an eyebrow at Makarov. "What? I thought you said that she's food?"

"No! She will give you food, don't eat her!" Meanwhile, Mira was leaning shakily against the table.

"I am a Blood Dragon Slayer, so I drink blood to survive. And I really don't think that you people have bottled blood."

"What? Why would you think that?"

Natsu raised an eyebrow. "Well, do you?" he asked.

Almost all the guild members wondered, 'What have we gotten ourselves into?'

If you like this chapter, please Vote, Comment and Follow.