Chapter 4

Lucy felt herself being carried on a body, and relaxed her head on the person's shoulder. After some time, she heard a noise and looked up to see that they were in front of a train. After they reached the train, the man let her down gently on a seat and faced the window, a look of intense concentration on his face.

After a while, Lucy felt better, so she sat up. After waiting for aa while, she got bored and asked, "Hi, my name's Lucy. What's yours?" She got no reply. "Excuse me, what's your name?" Again no response.

"Well, if you won't answer, I guess I'll just have to make up a name to call you." Still nothing. "Oh, I know! You're warm, like summer. I'll call you Natsu!"

Natsu smiled, trying hard to hold back his laughter. "Hey, what's so funny?" Natsu was smiling too much to answer, so Happy said, "He's laughing because Natsu is his real name." "Oh!", said the girl. "He's, wait! He is the Natsu? The Vampire? So, wait, this train leads to Magnolia?"

At the sudden reminder that he was on a train, Natsu's stomach lurched. He gathered his magic and looked out of the window again. Soon, Lucy fell asleep. She was mumbling in her sleep. Natsu took no notice of it, until she started shaking uncontrollably. "No! Please! It was an accident! Sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" She suddenly stopped moving about, and started mumbling in a much milder manner. "Dear mom. Today I met a talking cat. He had blue fur. There was a pink guy with him. He's really hot, y'know. I stole his ticket though. He didn't even notice. But mom, he is crazy strong. He could probably fight with a dragon and win. He is pretty dangerous looking, but I like it. Nobody could be worse than your husband though. He still beats me every day. Please save me mom. Yours lovingly, Lucy." She stopped mumbling and seemed to relax completely, leaving no doubt in Natsu's mind about her life.

After some time, they reached the town of Magnolia. Natsu woke Lucy up and said, "We are in Magnolia. I'm going back to the guild, you, uh, find something to do." "Wait! Can I join your guild? Please?"

Natsu didn't reply, but pulled her out of the train. After a bit of walking, they reached the Fairy Tail guild. He heard Lucy take in a sharp breath. "I'm really here. Fairy Tail."

Instead of replying, Natsu pushed the door. The door was jammed. Lucy called out, "Excuse me-" but stopped, as she saw Natsu grab the door and effectively rip it off its hinges.

Lucy entered gingerly, behind Natsu. Everyone was calm and quiet, unlike the boisterous guild she had read about in Sorcerer Weekly. But soon she started noticing other details. For example, though the people weren't moving at all, they looked as if they had been turned into statues in the middle of a battle.

Slowly, their heads turned to him. "N-Natsu?" Everyone looked at each other, terrified at being caught in the middle of a guild fight. But to their relief, Natsu ignored them and took Lucy to Mira to get her guild mark. Even he didn't know why he did so. He could have left her there, and he wanted to, but some part of him that he had done his best to suppress, awoke when he was near her. Emotions. He felt things around her. And he didn't completely hate it.

"Mira, give her the guild mark, would ya?" "Y-yes of course, Natsu. Where do you want it, and what color?", she asked, turning to Lucy. It was evident on her face that she was scared to death of Natsu. "Pink, on my hand, please", said Lucy, thinking of Natsu's hair. Mira looked shocked. She hadn't expected that someone whom Natsu of all people brought to the guild would want a pink guild mark.

While Lucy got her guild mark, Natsu walked over to one of the seats, hoping for some peace and quiet. His hopes were quickly dashed.

"Yo, bloodsucker, fight me!" Natsu mentally face-palmed as he said, "Put some clothes on first." Gray looked down and yelped. He then walked over to Lucy.

"Excuse me, miss. May I borrow some under- Ow!" Natsu had no idea why he had punched Gray. Seeing a naked male near Lucy had stirred up some of his male dragon instincts.

Gray had crashed into the bar. He snagged a pair of pants from behind the counter (Mira had started keeping multiple pairs of clothes on the counter, as this was a very common occurrence) and looked at Natsu. "Yep. Now we're talkin'. Ice Make: Hammer!". Natsu was about to raise his hand and shatter it, when he felt somebody pull him away.

Lucy saw a hammer form above Natsu's head. She saw a bored look in his eye. 'He thinks he can block that?!', thought Lucy. She tackled him, and they both rolled away from the hammer, straight into a table.

His face was so close to hers. Lucy couldn't help but blush. Natsu noticed that and smirked. She narrowed her eyes. "You could try being more respectful, you know? I mean, I did just stop you from getting flattened." Natsu's smirk widened, and he laughed out loud, shocking people nearby. Natsu, was laughing?

He suddenly grabbed Lucy's arms, and flipped her over, so he was above her. "Did you forget already how I threw an entire ship from the sea to the port with my bare hands?"

Lucy's eyes widened. She had indeed forgotten that. The entire guild cringed. This was normally the time Natsu would punch whoever was irritating him, but Natsu just patted her on the head and got up. He went to a table near the request board and looked over the jobs.

"Fight me!" It was that stupid Gray again. "I'm not in the mood." Not listening to a single word, Gray shot his Ice Make: Lance at him. It hit him and broke into many tiny pieces. With a growl, Gray charged at Natsu. Ice coated his fists, almost like Natsu's Blood Dragon Iron Fist.

With a sigh, Natsu grabbed Gray's hand and threw him headfirst into the wall. He sank down and didn't get up. "Oh man, he doesn't ever learn, does he?"

Within seconds, Natsu regretted his use of the word man. Elfman Strauss, one of the Strauss siblings, stood up on his chair and yelled, "MAN!" He threw a table, and soon a full out brawl started.

As the guild master, a diminutive old man, appeared and gave them a lecture, Lucy smiled softly. So this is Fairy Tail.

If you like this chapter, please Vote, Comment and Follow.