Prologue

Dragons circled the city, that was burning. The smell of fire and blood aroused the senses of Sanguinia, the Blood Dragon. He would have a feast.

"Most of the people will be dead. If not, do what you wish with them."

Sanguinia wanted to drink the blood of the people. He went over to a boy with blood leaking from several orifices. But before he reached, he was stopped by the Iron Dragon, Metalicana. "This boy is mine," growled the Iron Dragon, as he proceeded to fill up the holes in the boy's face with iron.

Sanguinia growled but didn't pick a fight. He saw a girl with blue hair and immediately went over there. But he was stopped by a white dragon. "Grandeeney!".

"Come on, Sangy, let me take her. Pwease?"

Sanguinia sighed. He could never say no to her. He had just about given up, when he saw a pink haired boy facing off against the Apocalypse Dragon, Acnologia himself.

"Don't come near me, you overgrown lizard!"

Sanguinia face palmed. This kid was angering a dragon, and not just a dragon, but the second most powerful one! After all, he was stronger than Acnologia, and had literally destroyed him in a fight. He went over with the intention to try and stop him, but before he could, Acnologia launched his roar. Sanguinia was almost curious about what had happened. He looked over, and to his shock, there was another man there, a black haired, handsome man, who looked totally unscathed from the roar.

"You weren't trying to hurt my brother, were you?", the mage asked with a casual, almost bored expression.

"Who the hell are you?", nearly all of the dragons asked.

"Me? I'm Zeref Dragneel, and I'm going to be the most powerful mage ever! Believe it!" Most dragons would scoff at such a claim, but then, this person had brushed off a roar from Acnologia. They were too shocked not to believe him.

"Don't even think of hurting this boy, understood?" Without even waiting for an answer, the dark-haired mage disappeared.

Sanguinia smiled. He stated, "I want to raise this boy." Igneel protested, "I want to take him."

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a disciple," said Weisslogia.

"But you already have the blond kid," Sanguinia pointed out.

"ENOUGH!" All eyes turned to Acnologia. "This child will be taught by both of you! There will be no further arguments on this topic. I will also teach him some magic."

"We can also help. The lad will grow more powerful that way." The other dragons offered their assistance. "If they grow together, they will be more powerful," said Grandeeney. "I want to raise the girl." "And I'll raise this boy," growled Metalicana, referring to the black-haired boy.

"Then its settled. This boy is Sanguinia and Igneel's responsibility, but we shall also help him hone his power. Now go to your caves."

All the dragons except Sanguinia and Igneel left. Sanguinia looked at the boy.

"What is your name, child?"

"Natsu. Natsu Dragneel."

"Well, Natsu Dragneel. Do you want to become strong?"

"Yeah, I do!"

"Then come with us." Igneel extended his talon, and after a moment of hesitation, the boy sat in it. "Let's go!"

If you like this chapter, please Vote, Comment and Follow.