Killing Mr. Honey // Part Two

Cheryl's prom planning spiraled from there

Cheryl's prom planning spiraled from there. From limos to themes, and dresses, the world prom was barely left out of any conversation. The limited time to plan was zero threat to one Cheryl Marjorie Blossom, who took it in a stride of her red-bottom heels and smiled away. After all, her campaign for Prom Queen was back and she would rather die than let it slip away again.

"There's the one I've been looking for." Speaking of the redhead, she found me, once again, hiding out in the library for some peace and quiet. I had mercifully slipped away from Pop's the other night before she had a chance to talk with me, sparing myself from the disappointing conversation I knew we were going to have.

"Hi, Cher," I greeted and closed my notebook since it would be useless to try and focus. "Please tell me you aren't here to try and convince me to go to prom."

"Not quite," She chirped and sat down across from me with a smile on her red lips. "I'm not here to try and convince you, I'm here to tell you that you're coming to prom."

I shook my head and sank back in my seat. "Oh, is that so?"

Cheryl was bemused by my response, likely expecting me to flat-out deny. "It is. And need not worry about a date, I will be sure to handle that on your behalf."

"Cheryl," I sighed and let the light joke fall. "I really don't want to go. I don't want to have a date that I don't know, and I really don't want to see Jughead and Betty more than I already have to."

The chair next to me slid on the carpet as another person entered our conversation and sat down. "It's your senior year too, Vanna," Toni Topaz gave me a soft smile as she faced me. "Don't throw away these moments because of them. I promise you we will make it as fun as possible. You don't have to be with them if you don't want to."

Cheryl gave her girlfriend a grateful look and reached across the table to hold her hand. "My lover is correct. Although high school has been... daunting, to say the least, you deserve one last celebration before the real world comes barreling through. While Toni and I are running for Prom Queens and this school would be so hateful to shut us down as a crowned trio, I for one know there is not a soul who deserves to be celebrated other than you."

"Bye, stop, you're going to make me cry," I sniffled as I looked up at the ceiling to hold back my tears with a small laugh. Toni laughed as well and placed her hand on my shoulder in support. I took a deep breath before moving my gaze between the two of them. "Fine. I'll go, but no promises I'll stay the whole time and I do not want a date."

"Done, and done. I knew we'd be victorious, Tee-Tee. My dearest Savanna, I promise you won't regret this and I'm so thankful you've come to your senses."

The couple grinned at their victory, both standing and pressing kisses to my cheeks before exiting the library hand in hand to go about their day, leaving me a warm, flustered mess in the library.