Climax // Part Three

"Veronica, I'm going to throw up

"Veronica, I'm going to throw up."

My sister scoffed from her place in the attached bathroom where she was leaning toward the mirror to apply her lipstick. Her hair and makeup were done to perfection and her light blue dress flattered her as always.

"You're the most dramatic human I know," She shot back before smacking her lips together to perfect the color tone.

I shook my head, shifting to check my dress in the mirror for the tenth time since I'd put it on. I didn't feel like myself tonight, as much as I wanted to. The black fabric was soft and warm against my skin with detailed lace sleeves covering my arms. I kept my hair simple, curling it with a sparkling, dainty headband woven in between the braided strands. Red heels and my usual jewelry remained in their respective places.

"You look great, stop worrying."

I turned to face her, pulling my lip between my teeth as the nerves continued to race. "I feel boring."

"You're anything but boring," She reassured as she handed over a red liquid lipstick to use. "Now go finish so we can spare the boys from Daddy's grilling."

I scoffed, knowing whatever Daddy was saying to Jughead right now was probably well-deserved. Veronica dismissed herself to go greet Archie, more than likely bored with my second-guessing. I quickly finished up, barely glancing at the mirror as I exited her room. I paused to take a moment to collect myself and my racing thoughts before exposing myself to the group in the living room.

Archie and Veronica were busy taking pictures with Mom and Mrs. Andrews. FP had busied himself talking to Brooke, the woman who recommended the Naval Academy to Archie. Jellybean was content playing on her phone on the couch. That left Daddy to interrogate Jughead, more than likely having a less-than-civil conversation with him.

"There she is," Daddy hummed as he caught my eye from over Jughead's shoulder. I gave him a tight smile and walked closer as the boy turned to look. Daddy quickly dismissed himself to leave the two of us alone.

"Hi," I whispered once I was close enough to take in his polished outfit. "You look great, Jug."

He shook his head slightly, the blush on his cheeks evident. "You look stunning, Sav." His hand reached out to grab my left arm which was free of jewelry to slide the matching red corsage on my wrist.

"Thank you," I kept my voice quiet between the two of us, offering him a smile to hopefully help the two of us loosen up.

"Please, you're helping me more than anything, so thank you," He reassured, "And before you ask, no, he didn't say anything too harsh."

The parents caught sight of the two of us shortly after, fretting over taking pictures and heading to the dance on time since they were chaperoning. Jellybean was off to meet some friends for a movie, promising that it was appropriate when she saw Jughead's stern look.