Fast Times at Riverdale High // Part One

getting a little steamy steamy up in here if you know what I mean WHEW—After Mr

After Mr. Andrews' funeral, the rest of summer vacation passed in a surreal haze. Veronica, Betty, Savanna, and I spent as much time with Archie as we could. We had dinner at Pop's every night, and every day you could tell he was getting better and better. I'm not saying he wasn't heartbroken, the entire town was, but my pal Archie's a fighter. And by the last day of summer vacation, while the football field was being mowed for the new season, the school floors were being buffed to a shine, and banners for the first dance of the year were being hung, Archie was doing what he does best.

Despite the rocky summer that we had made it through, the hopes for senior year were higher than ever. The chaos followed us as predicted, and before the first day of school, Veronica and I found ourselves seated in La Bonne Nuit with lawyers.

"Now that your parents' court date has been set, you two need to make a decision. Are you testifying on behalf of your mother? Or your father? Or both?"

"Or neither," Veronica was quick to respond, the two of us having had multiple conversations about the issues on the table. "We can be Switzerland."

Mr. Sowerberry sighed, "At a minimum, I recommend you issue a statement of support. The press will want to know where you stand with--"

"No comment," I interrupted, placing my hands on the table. "That's our statement. Now, if you'll excuse us, Mr. Sowerberry, we have some last-minute school supply shopping we need to do."

--

School supply shopping was easy enough, and after a quick frisky shopping stop, Veronica and I returned to the Pembrooke to prepare for the night ahead of us. I dropped my new purchases to the floor before heading into the bathroom, patting Mocha's head as I passed while he laid splayed out on my bed.

My room at the Pembrooke wasn't as homey as my apartment, but it was a comfy bed and a room to myself so I wasn't complaining. Wrapping a towel around my wet hair, I stepped from the shower smelling like some form of coconut body wash. I honestly didn't know where half the stuff in here came from, but knowing Ronnie, she probably shoved extras in here just in case.

"Hi, bubby," I cooed as I walked into my bedroom to give Mocha a kiss on the head. I could hear clanging sounds in the kitchen, most likely Veronica already prepping dinner. Quickly getting dressed, I tossed some product in my hair before heading out to help my sister. "Wow," I commented when I saw her already plating food. "You busted that out quick."

"Or you were in the shower for thirty minutes," She sang teasingly as she popped the cork on one of mom's expensive wines. I rolled my eyes, grabbing one of the glasses, and snatching the bottle from her hand to pour even more for myself. Ignoring her questioning look, I moved to the door where a knock had sounded.

"Hey!" I greeted, stepping aside to let Jughead, Archie, Betty, and Connor through, pausing to kiss my boyfriend on the cheek. "I'm glad you guys could make it!"