Fast Times at Riverdale High // Part Two

child abuse warning for this chapter as it deals with reggie and his asshole of a father

child abuse warning for this chapter as it deals with reggie and his asshole of a father. if anyone ever needs to talk, please don't hesitate to reach out. i'm always available!

--

Stonewall Prep definitely had character to it, that's for sure. Starting off, it looked absolutely nothing like a typical school and instead a castle, so that was one thing it had going well.

"Are you Forsythe?" A voiced as we looked up to see one of the students walking towards us. Jughead confirmed and accepted the handshake as the guy introduced himself. "Bret Weston Wallis. Mr. Chipping asked me to roll out the red carpet."

"You can just call me Jughead," My boyfriend said.

Bret gave him a nod. "I prefer Forsythe. Who's your friend?" He pointed at me.

"Savanna Marrows," I introduced as I shook his hand.

"Cute. Let me get you some stats," Bret said as he started walking backwards through the halls. "Our faculty holds 132 master's degrees and 28 doctoral degrees, which sounds impressive, but the truth is, most of our teachers are hopelessly out of touch. Except for Mr. Chipping, he's cool. And I'm not just saying that because he's coming right behind me. Mr. Chipping, how's it hanging?"

Mr. Chipping gave a tight smile. "Bret, don't let me interrupt you, but I wanted to invite Jughead to sit in on a salon with us."

"If I'm not mistaken, we're focusing on Moby Dick tomorrow?" My nose scrunched in disgust at the idea of reading that book again. Not a fan of the classics, but that's just me.

"Oh great," Jughead replied, "That's one of my favorites."

Mr. Chipping nodded as he walked past, clapping Jughead on the shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Mr. Jones."

"Definitely!"

"Savanna, you can come too," Bret offered, "I bet you've got a lot to say about Moby Dick."

I gave him an unamused smile as I shook my head. "No. No, I don't. Honestly, despite the fact that you're living in a literal castle, I think I've had my fair share of this place already, so..."

"It's a lot to digest," Bret commented back. "Speaking of which, in the cafeteria we've got vegan, keto vegan, raw keto vegan..."

The rest of the tour passed in a blur of pointless information and a lot of academic talk that I tuned out. My phone lit up in my hand of a reminder that Veronica and I were to meet with Mr. Honey in half an hour due to the event that took place in school yesterday. Needless to say, I was dreading every second of it, but the sooner we got this done, the better.

The main office was dreary when I got into the high school with dim lights and barely any sunlight to help. My sister was already seated with our new principal across from her, a smug smile on his face.