In Treatment // Part One

okay so apparently New York is where Riverdale is supposedly located and I just didn't know?? which means Felicity wouldn't have to fly from Queens to see Savanna

okay so apparently New York is where Riverdale is supposedly located and I just didn't know?? which means Felicity wouldn't have to fly from Queens to see Savanna. I literally don't know where I thought the town was, but not New York. I looked into it when trying to figure out college ideas for Vanna so from here on out, I'll base the town as if it's in NY lol sorry for any mistakes

--

After a brief hiatus, Riverdale's Watcher in the 'burbs had released his much-anticipated follow up. In the dead of night, a second round of voyeuristic videotapes had been left on doorsteps across town. Once again, VCRs were dusted off with dread. And once again, they played hours upon hours of footage of the viewers' home. Only this time, the camera was much, much closer. The implications were terrifying. What was next for the Watcher? Breaking and entering? And as if those deliveries weren't unsettling enough, colleges and universities had started sending out their first wave of envelopes. Some thin, some thick. All life-changing. Making it a particularly stressful time for Riverdale High seniors. Which is why Principal Honey asked the school's guidance counselor, Mrs. Burble, to offer extended office hours. So whatever anxiety the students were feeling, they'd have a licensed professional to go to for confidential comfort and/or advice. Something, it turned out, many of us were long overdue for.

The VHS tape in my mailbox wasn't a surprise to me, although maybe it should've been. The 24 hour footage of my balcony was completely uneventful, but it still gave a little chill down my spine. Veronica and Archie had confirmed their tapes as well, which made me a little less nervous, but regardless, it was terrifying.

My main focus, however, was on the college admissions that were being approved or denied this week. I already had University of California-Irvine and Arizona State University under my belt amongst others, but I was holding out for two: Stanford University and University of Pennsylvania. Criminology would be a main focus, but I wouldn't mind touching a bit on writing wherever I decided to go. Veronica's mind, I knew, was set to Harvard and Betty's to Yale, but honestly, I was ready to get away from the chaos that is Riverdale and start fresh.

Due to the chaos of early application acceptance week, Mrs. Burble had sent emails out for students to join her to chat and after Veronica's acceptance to Harvard, it didn't come as a surprise that I received an email asking me to meet. I had a few bets in places on what she wanted to discuss, but I would be finding out sooner than later.

"Hi, Mrs. Burble," I greeted as I entered her room with a coffee in hand. The older woman was sitting in an armchair with a cup of tea on the table in front of her as she gave me a smile.

"Savanna, thank you for joining me!" She said as I sat on the couch across from her. "I have a lot to talk to you about."

I nodded and set my stuff down beside me before continuing, "Mrs. Burble, not that I mind, but I already meet with a psychiatrist weekly so I'm not really sure if we have to do this."