Part twentyeight

There they stood, two of their best friends. Ezra with his kind eyes and curly brown hair and Marlize with her wine red lipstick and comforting doe eyes.

Ezra set the two suitcases he was holding in his hands down as she threw herself into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I'm glad to see that you're alright Alice" he hummed as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You too" she said softly before he let go and hugged Marlize "what brings you here?"

"Well we awoke this morning to the news that we were being sent home early, and both of you were gone from your beds" Marlize said, eyeing Draco as he walked up to them, giving the two of them quick hugs.

"Dumbledore is uhm no longer with us... I assume you've heard" Ezra spoke lowly.

"Uhm yes" Draco said quickly, scratching the back of his neck. Ezra eyed him confused, biting his bottom lip.

"Anyways we packed your stuff up for you" Marlize said with a bright smile, handing her the suitcase that she kept underneath her bed in her dorm.

"Thank you Lizzy, that's so kind of you"

Ezra handed Draco his black monogrammed suitcase.

"Thank you Darkwood, I appreciate it"

"Are you staying?" she asked Ezra, putting her suitcase down.

"Uhm I... I don't know" he trailed, looking between Marlize and Draco "it depends I guess"

"Oh please do" she pleaded, turning to look at Draco "they can stay right?"

"Uhm yes of course, if you want to" Draco said, looking at them "stay"

"What do you say Lizzy?" Ezra asked, eyeing the small girl stood next to him.

"I could stay" she smiled, taking her coat off as she shrugged "why not?"

"Great" she cheered, taking Marlize'a coat from her and hanging it up on the coat rack.

"Do you want anything?" Draco asked, eyeing them "we already had dinner but I'm sure my mother can make you a plate"

"Nah it's fine" Ezra assured him.

They walked into the living room where Narcissa and her mother was sat in front of the fireplace.

"Mum, Ezra and Marlize are staying over, it's late"

"Yes of course darling" Narcissa said, setting her tea cup down "can I make you anything to eat?"

"We're alright thank you new Malfoy" Ezra said politely.

"Oh please my dear boy, call me Narcissa, I've told you that a million times Ezra" Narcissa said, rushing him and Marlize off to the kitchen "are you coming directly from the Hogwarts express? You must be starving"

Her and Draco followed them into the kitchen, and soon her mother came into the room too, grabbing the kettle to refill her tea cup.

"Ezra, Marlize" she greeted them "how nice to see you again"

"You too mrs Thornheart"

"Cordelia" her mother corrected.

"Cordelia I mean"

"You look stunning as always" Marlize smiled.

"You're too kind my dear" her mother cooed as she took another sip of her tea "are you well?"

"Yes, yes" Marlize assured her, plopping her head down on her hand "I'm perfectly well"

Narcissa placed two plates of food in front of Ezra and Marlize, encouraging them to call o it for her if they needed anything else.