Part fortysix

Life felt exceptionally dark as she awoke on the first day of March. Outside it was beginning to warm up, spring was approaching quickly. But inside of her mind it felt like the coldest and darkest of winters.

Day 1;

Marlize walked into the dorm room with a smile upon her dark red lips on the Sunday morning, pulling the curtains away from the window. It didn't wake her, for she had already awoken a hour before, she just refused to get out of bed.

Noelle was in the library with Blaise, she left earlier to go and eat breakfast.

"I've started it" Marlize said, sitting down on her bed with the purple covers.

"The potion?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Yup" Marlize said, popping the p "I've hidden it in a dusty storage closet"

"What if someone finds it?"

"No one will" Marlize simply stated, looking at her "not even Filch has been in that storage closet for years, I hardly believe he even knows that it exits... it's in the far back of the dungeons"

"Alright" she said, slowly nodding her head "thank you Lizzy"

"No worries Alice, I'll go and check on it tomorrow"

Day 2;

Marlize went to stir the potion early in the morning before they headed to breakfast. And after all their classes were done the pale girl sneaked away once more.

Her and Ezra followed her, tiptoeing through the cold dungeons.

"It's quite fun having this little hidden potion" Marlize said as she walked into the dusty storage closet and kneeled down in front of the potion "it's like a little adventure sneaking here and keeping this secret"

Marlize stirred the white potion with a wooden spoon. It had a pearly sheen to it, and it's pure white colour lit up the dark storage closet ever so slightly.

After they were done tending to the potion the three of them sneaked back to the Slytherin common room, pretending like nothing was going on.

Day 3;

A rainy Tuesday passed and Marlize kept disappearing for short moments to brew the potion. They figured out that the next full moon would grace the dark night sky not long after they would be done with the brewing of the potion, just in case she mustered up the courage to tell Draco.

She still wasn't sure what to do. It felt wrong getting rid of it or ship it away to live with some unknown family, but at the same time she didn't feel ready to take care of someone else. She couldn't possibly have a baby, not now. Not when nothing in her life was stable. She wasn't in a committed relationship, she had a dark mark upon her left arm and she didn't even know who had fathered the growing blob inside of her stomach.

The decision that she had to make felt impossible. Every time she thought she knew what she was going to do he mind seemed to turn to doubt, what felt alright one moment suddenly felt completely wrong the next.

She had only ever been around women who were overjoyed to be pregnant, but she didn't find herself being happy in the slightest. A baby should be a happy thing, something to celebrate. However she felt as if she wanted to go to bed and stay underneath the covers for a thousand years.

Any decision felt impossible to make right now, but she knew that she was running out of time. She didn't have forever to decide, and she told herself that by the day the potion was done she needed to have made her mind up.