Part seventyfive

Draco sat by the fireplace in the living room, slowly sipping on some brandy as he watched the flames dance along the ashes.

"Alice?" he asked, turning his head to look at her as she walked into the room.

"Yes?" she hummed, clasping her hands in front of her body before she sat down next to him "what's up?"

"I don't know" the pale boy mumbled, taking another sip of his brandy as he turned his gaze back to the fire "I was just thinking about something Ezra said yesterday"

"Ezra said a lot of things yesterday" she said, leaning back against the couch "you will have to be a little more specific Draco"

"The thing about Marlize" Draco mumbled, holding the glass of brandy in his right hand "the girlfriend thing"

"Why are you thinking about that?" she asked, letting her hands fall to her baby bump.

"Because..." Draco trailed, drawing in a deep breath before he continued to speak "because Ezra had previously told Lizzy that he loves her and that he's crazy about her and that he wants to marry her so she figured that he should just consider her his girlfriend..."

"Yes" she hummed, tilting her head to the side "isn't that cute?"

"Yes yes it's very cute Alice, they're a great couple" Draco said, raising his glass to his pale lips before he took another sip of his brandy "but that isn't my point"

"Then what is your point exactly?" she questioned, eyeing the pale boy curiously.

"My point is..." he trailed, looking towards the fire as he took another sip of his drink "that's how I feel about you and you're not my girlfriend"

There was a pause. He took another sip of his brandy before he turned his head back to look at her, and she just sat there with her hands on her stomach and her lips parted slightly.

"You don't want to marry me though Draco" she said quietly "you told me yourself, remember? That one night when you came into my room and woke me up, you said you had no intention of marrying me"

"Not then no" he breathed, leaning forward to set his glass of brandy down on the coffee table "but I've changed my mind Alice"

"You've changed your mind?" she asked, slightly taken aback by his words "really?"

"Yes" he said clearly, nodding his head as he reached his hands over to hold hers "I want to marry you now, I'm brutally in love with you"

"Brutally?"

"Yes" he said, a quiet laugh slipping out of his pale lips "loving you is a brutal curse Alice"

"Wow how romantic" she laughed, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Yeah well what can I say?" Draco shrugged, gazing at her as he held her hands in his "I'm not exactly a romantic guy"

"I know that" she said, smiling towards him "believe me"

"But I'm honest at least Alice" he said, keeping his cloudy grey eyes fixed on her "you're my happy place"

"That's cute" she hummed, feeling herself blush as she gazed away "you're mine too"

"So..." Draco trailed, looking at her "marry me?"

"I'll think about it" she smirked, letting go of his hands before she stood up. She walked out of the room, and she could hear his rushed footsteps behind her, following her in to the kitchen.