Part seventysix

There was a knock on the door of the Thornheart manor in Winchester. Garrick walked over to the tall front door, laying his hand on the silver knob before he turned it. The door opened, and outside of it stood the pale boy.

"Draco" Garrick said, gazing upon the boy stood before him "hello"

"Hello mr Thornheart" he spoke, pushing his shoulders back "may I have a word with you?"

"Certainly" Garrick spoke, stepping away from the front door to let Draco inside the large house "let's take this to my office"

The pale boy followed the tall man with the black hair silently through the entrance hall and towards the office, and as soon as he stepped into the room the room was shut behind him.

"Have a seat" Garrick said, gesturing his hand towards the leather chair stood by the desk before he walked over to the bar cart stood in the corner of the room "anything to drink?"

"I'll just have whatever you're having" Draco said, sitting down and laying his hands on his lap.

"Campbell's finest old whiskey it is then" Garrick spoke lowly, pouring the liquor into two clear glasses.

He made his way back to Draco, eyeing the boy stringently with his icy blue eyes as he handed him his glass.

"Thank you" Draco said lowly, taking the glass in his hands.

Garrick walked around the desk slowly, his glass in one hand and his other hand dragging along the dark wood. He sat down, taking a sip of his drink before he looked over at the pale boy sat across from him.

"So Draco, what did you want to speak with me about?"

"Alice" Draco said quickly, holding his glass of whiskey firmly in his two hands "it's about Alice"

"What about her?" Garrick asked, taking another sip of his drink.

"I want to marry your daughter" Draco said, his voice clear and affirmative "and I came here to ask for your blessing"

"Ah, I see" Garrick mumbled, putting his glass of whiskey down on the desk "you want to marry Alice... and you want my blessing?"

"Yes sir" Draco said, pushing his pale lips together "it wouldn't be right otherwise"

"And my little Alice..." Garrick trailed, leaning back in his chair as he clasped his hands together on his lap "does she want to marry you?"

"I believe so" Draco breathed, taking a sip of his whiskey "I hope so at least"

There was a pause. Draco sat perfectly still, feeling his heart beat heavily inside of his chest underneath the glare of the father who's daughter he loved. And Garrick leaned forward to grab his glass, raising it up to his lips before he took a few sips of his drink.

"So I suppose you two have worked your problems out?" Garrick then asked, breaking the tense silence that cling to the room.

"Yes" Draco said, taking another sip of his drink "or we're at least on our way to... things are definitely better"

"And Alice..." Garrick hummed, gazing around the room "how is she doing?"

"Just fine" Draco said, sitting up straight "I'm sure she misses you"

"Yes" her father said lowly, a quiet laugh emitting from his lips "it's not easy being away from your child, you will get to know that very soon boy, but sometimes it's for the better... her mother and her are not on the same page right now"

"I see" Draco mumbled, looking down at his hands "I'm sorry about that"

"Yes you have definitely not made things easier for our family young man" Garrick said, looking over at Draco "however this isn't your fault, the two of them have always been like this... two strong minded women"