Part sixtyeight

She sat on the armchair by the fireplace almost asleep with her legs curled up to her stomach as a noise awoke her, bringing her back to reality.

Blaise and Noelle was still asleep on the couches as she stood up, grabbing her wand. She held it in a firm grip as she snuck into the kitchen, looking for Marlize and Ezra. But the kitchen was empty.

She tiptoed into the entrance hall, and soon she saw him. There he stood, alive.

"Draco" she called out, dropping her wand as she ran to him. He opened his arms, embracing her in a tight hug.

"Hello Alice" he mumbled into her messy black hair, lifting her slightly from the floor as he hugged her.

"You're alright" she hummed as he sat her down "you're alive"

"Yes" he breathed, reaching his hands up to brush her hair out of her face "I'm alive"

"Where's your parents?" she asked, gazing around.

"They're at the ministry along with your parents... trying to prove that our families are not guilty"

"Not guilty?" she asked, looking at the pale boy with her eyebrows furrowed "what do you mean? No guilty of what?"

"War crimes I suppose" he mumbled "the war is over... we lost, and the ministry is desperately looking for people to blame, the death eaters and conspirators of the dark lord that survived are being thrown in Azkaban"

"Are we gonna go to..."

"No Alice" he assured her, tucking a strand of her black hair behind ear "no, our parents went against the dark lord... the ministry is going to let them go"

"And the dark lord... is he dead?"

"Yes" he mumbled, looking around "I mean that's what everyone is saying... I left just before it happened"

"And you're alright?" she asked, taking a step forward him.

His black suit that he was wearing was dirty and dusty and his silvery blonde hair laid damp against his forehead. His bright eyes looked dull and tired and underneath them she could see his pale skin being purple tinted.

"Yes" he mumbled, breathing out "I'm just fine, are you alright?"

"Perfectly fine" she said, looking at him.

"And the others?" he asked with a concerned voice, looking around the marble entrance hall.

"Oh they're just fine, Ezra's leg got injured but he will be fine eventually" she said, crossing her arms over her chest "him and Marlize are resting upstairs and Noelle and Blaise are asleep on the couches in the living room, Theo though... I don't know, I haven't heard from him"

"He's fine" Draco assured her "I saw him leave with his father"

"Good" she breathed, swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat.

Draco's bright eyes wandered over her body as his shoulders slumped. She took a few steps back, picking up her wand from off of the floor before she gazed up at the pale boy.

"You look exhausted, you should probably lay down for a while"

"I'm fine" he muttered, looking away.

"Draco just go rest" she sighed.

"Have you slept anything in the last twenty four hours?" he asked, turning his head back to face her.

"No" she mumbled, shaking her head "but I'm fine"

"All of this isn't good for the baby" Draco muttered quietly, gazing up at the ceiling.