Part fiftyeight

She found herself standing in the middle of a dress store in Diagon Alley, holding perfectly pure white dresses that her mother picked out. A moment later she went to try the dresses on, stepping out of the small booth as she tried to flatten the poofy skirt of the first dress.

"This is ridiculous mother, I look ridiculous"

"Nonsense Alice, you look perfectly appropriate" her mother said, walking around her to inspect the dress.

"I hate how fluffy the skirt is" she sighed, patting her hands against it "I look like a cup cake"

"We need something that will cover your stomach" her mother said sternly "go try another one on"

She dragged her feet into the small booth, stepping out of the first dress only to pull on the second one.

"It doesn't matter if we cover my stomach" she said, stepping out to show her mother the dress "two seventeen year olds suddenly marrying each other with incredible short notice... people will know why mother"

"Nonsense Alice"

"No mother" she whined, glancing at herself in the mirror "people will surely get suspicious when we invite them to a wedding that's literally next week, mostly everyone who's invite know that me and Draco aren't together and have not been up until this point"

"This is not up for discussion Alice" her mother spat, feeling the material of her dress "I don't like this one, try on another one"

She sighed, returning to the small booth to try on one of the other, what felt like, hundreds from dresses her mother had picked out for her. She hated them all, and she thought that the virginal pure white wasn't going to fool anyone. She just hated how she looked in a stupid wedding dress, and she dreaded wearing one as attended her own wedding, a wedding she did not want to have.

They settled on a expensive dress which fell loosely over her stomach. Her mother loved it, she accepted it.

The day she dreaded was coming closer and closer. Her mother planned and her father cooped himself up in his at home office. On Wednesday afternoon, as her mother and father was out running errands without her, the doorbell rang.

She skipped down the stairs, sighing loudly, thinking that it was probably someone at the door for her parents. She stopped in front of the tall front door, opening it and peering out.

"What is this I heard about you getting married?"

"Ezra!" she squealed, throwing himself into his arms. The brown haired boy laughed, lifting her up from the ground as he hugged her back.

He sat her down and she took a step back, inviting him in. Together they made their way to the kitchen where she made the two of them some tea.

"Our owl dropped the invitation to my whole family on the breakfast table this morning" Ezra said, eyeing her as he took a sip of his tea "you're marrying Draco?"

"My mother and father is forcing me" she sighed, sitting down on a chair by the small breakfast nook table that stood in the corner of their kitchen.

"So I suppose you told them?"

"Yes"

"But how did Narcissa and Lucius find out?" Ezra asked, eyeing her curiously "cause I assume they know since you're marrying their son"

"Yeah they know, and Narcissa was way calmer than my own mother" she sighed, pouring some milk into her tea "I told my parents about you know me being pregnant and all and of course my mother freaked out, demanding to know who the father was"