Part seventyseven

Thirty weeks had passed, and little Scorpius weighted approximately three pounds inside of her belly according to Marlize's book.

She had gone home to the Thornheart manor briefly, only to decide that she didn't feel comfortable there. Her mother barely talked to her and her father was overcompensating just to make her feel like she should stay. It didn't feel right being there without Draco either, the baby is also his and he deserves to be a part of it all. She didn't want to proceed through the last weeks of her pregnancy away from him, their only mean of communication benign by owl.

So after days upon days of begging her father let her go back to the Malfoy manor in Wiltshire, granted that she would come back home each weekend to visit.

Her father was desperately trying to hold onto his little girl, and her mother seemingly couldn't care less.

The following week she went with Narcissa and Draco to Diagon Alley to shop around for everything they needed for the baby's arrival. Clothes, diapers, linen, bibs and bottles.

Narcissa had gotten a box filled with Draco's old baby clothes along with his old pram and crib from the cellar. And her father had sent a box of toys with her back to the manor.

Ezra and Marlize came to visit a few days after, presenting them with a bunch of small clothes that Marlize had knitted for baby Scorpius. A tiny deep green Slytherin coloured cardigan, small socks and cute little hats. Ezra, who didn't know how to knit, brought with him a teddy bear. Noelle, being the intelligent one out of their group of friends, had packed her twin brother's bag filled with baby books and Ezra handed them over with a rather confused smile.

"I suppose that Nonnie wants your child to become smart"

The books were great, everything from magical stories about bunnies and hippogiffs to intellectual books about understanding charms and transfiguration as a young kid. One story even featured a crazy alchemist wolf who experimented with the four elements. It had gold pleated edges and moving pictures.

They turned the guest room closest to Draco's bedroom into a nursery, painting the white walls light grey and baby proofing all the corners. Ezra and Marlize helped them paint, and Narcissa stood by the doorway with a excited sheen in her eyes.

Everything was falling into place and she was starting to feel more and more ready for the arrival of little Scorpius.

Throughout her entire thirty first week she would wander into the nursery, sitting down on the cosy rug in the middle of the room to just gaze around. The expensive chandelier hung in the tall ceiling and the sun light flowed in through the tall windows. The children's books stood in the bookshelf just waiting to be read and the dresser was filled with tiny clothing. In the crib awaited the teddy bear that Scorpius had gotten from his godfather and in a corner stood a large dark wooden chest filled to the brim with all kinds of toys. It was perfect.

Draco had gotten home one day after being out with his father, holding a small toy broom in his hands.

"What's that?" she had asked, her hands resting on her growing baby bump and she eyed the pale boy.

"It's a broomstick" Draco said like it was the most obvious thing in the world "cool isn't it? I need to get the little dude into Quidditch early"

"Oh so he's gonna play quidditch?" she questioned with a amused smile upon her lips.

"Of course he is" Draco said, holding the broom up "he's gonna become a Slytherin seeker, just like his father"

She couldn't help but let out a laugh as she gazed between her baby bump and the pale boy stood before her. Draco's eyes were sparkling with pride as he showed her the small broomstick.