Part ninetyeight

Magic filled the air and a feeling of greater love settled in Draco's heart as he held his daughter for the first time ever. Her big cloudy grey eyes blinked up at him and her nose was scrunched. Her chubby rosy red cheeks were just as adorable as Scorpius cheeks had been when he was first born. And as he looked down at her he knew that he had just found another piece of his heart right there in his arms.

"She's gorgeous, just as her mother" he hummed, tearing his gaze away from the little girl towards his wife.

Alice was tired, dark circles underneath her eyes and a restless yawn upon her lips. She laid in bed, overjoyed over the birth of their second child, as she rested.

The healers soon left, and the rest of the night her and Draco laid close in bed with their newborn baby girl. Cooing over her sweet cheeks and soft head, placing gentle kisses on her chubby arms and stroking the top of her head. They could not get enough of her.

The little girl wasn't as calm as Scorpius had been, fussing and gurgling from the very first moment. She seemed significantly interested in her surroundings, her eyes wandering around the room before she finally drifted off to sleep on her father's chest. The skin to skin contact was one of the greatest things there was when it came to newborns Draco though, loving the feeling of closeness with his child that it brought to him. He soaked in each second of it, remembering holding Scorpius like that when he was first born. It felt like yesterday, yet the little boy had just turned two. Time passed so incredibly fast, and he wanted to hold onto this newborn moment with his daughter as long as he could, to simply enjoy every single part of it.

The next day Ezra and Marlize brought Scorpius over to the house to meet his little sister. Marlize was holding his hand as Ezra pushed the twins in their pram. They brought cupcakes with themes celebrate and Scorpius happily announced that he and Marlize had baked them yesterday for his little sister.

Draco kneeled down in front of the pale boy, holding the little girl in his arms. She was sleeping in her father's comforting arms, tucked into a deep green blanket. Scorpius was gentle, wide eyed and happy as he looked upon his sibling. He let go of Marlize's hand before he carefully reached his own small hands up to the little girl, gently stroking her cheeks. It melted Alice's heart seeing the pure love between her two children in that very moment. And young Scorpius felt it too, the way he belonged to his little sister. She was pretty and sweet and deserving of all his love. Scorpius realized at the very moment he first laid his eyes on his little sister that it was meant to be, that he was meant to become a big brother. And he felt it so strongly in his little body, the feeling of reassurance. He'd do anything for his sister, he'd cross the ocean and break bonds to keep her safe.

Draco thought it was sweet to see Scorpius get something that neither him or his wife got during their childhoods, a sibling.

After Scorpius had greeted the little girl Draco stood up, proudly shoving her off to Ezra and Marlize who were both tearing up.

"Meet Lyra Marlize Malfoy" Draco said with a wide smile upon his lips.

"Another star constellation I see" Ezra hummed, a soft laugh escaping his lips "clever"

"Yeah and it matches little Scorp" Draco said, looking at his friend.

"Marlize? Did you say Lyra Marlize?" the pale girl stood in the hall asked lowly, her eyes wide and her lips slightly parted.

"Yeah" Alice said, walking up behind Draco with Scorpius running around her legs "Lyra Marlize, after you, do you like it?"

"I love it" Marlize cried, covering her mouth with her hands "by Merlin I'm so honoured"