Part fifteen

The last weekend in November was upon them and the winds were getting colder. Ravenclaw played a Quidditch game against Hufflepuff, and snow had began to fall on the grounds of the castle. However her and Draco did not attend the game, they found themselves in the room of requirements trying to repair the cabinet for the dark lord.

She sat on a small and old shabby couch fiddling with her wand as she watched him. Frustration was clear in his grey eyes as he walked around the cabinet, dragging his fingertips along the dark wood. The dimly lit room cast a shadow on his pale face as he furrowed his eyebrows, glaring at the cabinet.

"Are you just gonna sit there?"

"Huh?" she asked, glancing at him.

"I asked if you're going to get off your ass and help me?" he scoffed, turning to look at her.

"I'm perfectly comfortable right here" she said, smirking at him as she tilted her head to the left. Draco did not look amused, he only let out a huff before he turned back to the cabinet, muttering a spell underneath his breath.

They could not seem to figure out how to get the old cabinet to work properly, and she was growing impatient. Draco was as closed off and gloomy as usual, throwing dirty looks at her every once in a while.

"Alice get up and help me"

"I don't want to deal with that bloody cabinet right now" she groaned, rolling her eyes towards him "we should be at the Quidditch game with the others, not here"

"Quidditch is not important right now" he said, turning to look at her "our lives and our families lives are at stake here, we need to repair this fucking cabinet Alice, now do what I say"

"No"

"No?"

"If it's so important to you then you do it" she said, crossing her arms over chest and eyeing him as sternly as she possibly could. Her stubborn side was showing, bleeding out on her pure white collar.

"Excuse me?" Draco asked angrily, standing up "what the fuck did you say?"

"I said do it yourself Draco"

Draco scoffed, rolling his eyes as he bit the inside of his cheek. She could see his jaw clench and his nostrils flare, he was evidently offended.

"You're a lady Alice, you should know your fucking place"

"Fuck you" she said, standing up from the old couch to slap him across his cheek "I'm not beneath you Draco"

He took a step back, dragging his hand across his cheek with rage burning behind his icy grey eyes. A furious laugh slipped out of his pale lips as he looked back away, dragging his tongue along the insides of his cheeks.

Her chest was heaving up and down quickly as she gazed at him, her lips slightly parted. He deserved to be slapped for saying such a thing, no doubt.

She felt her heart skip a beat as Draco took a step closer to her, quickly grabbing a hold of her wrists. His grip was firm, and his fingernails were digging into her skin. She could almost feel the bitter fury evaporating off of his pale skin, and something so wrathful lingered in his eyes.

He shoved her down against the old couch, and her back his the dusty cushions hard. She tried to catch her breath as he towered over her.

"Don't ever fucking do that again" he spat, leaning down to face her.

"You can't make me" she whispered, clearing her throat "you don't rule me Draco, you don't get to tell me what I can and cannot do"

"Oh please Alice" he scoffed, pushing her down further against the old couch "you're just a stupid girl"