Part eightyfive

Summer ended and life went back to normal for everyone, to their new normal after having graduated from Hogwarts. Draco had started to study alchemy alongside doing influential ministry work with his father. She stayed home with Scorpius, caring for his every need and watching all of his developments.

Ezra and Marlize had taken over the Darkwood cottage in Swanshill and had moved there. They were in full swing with renovating and decorating, making it feel like their home. Marlize, who had finished her healing training, had began working as a healer at St Mungo's, which she seemed loved. Ezra continued at his work at the Ministry of Magic, however he didn't find it even half as interesting as he wished he would. But he hadn't figured out what to do instead, so he kept going back.

Pansy and Theo had sent out invites to their wedding, they were planning a winter wedding at a grand hotel in early December.

Noelle and Blaise enjoyed their work, and Noelle had began to write a textbook about magic history and another textbook about charms. The brown haired girl's dream was to have her books added to the long list of books required for Hogwarts one day. And she hoped that it would come true, for it would be rather cool to take Scorpius shopping for school supplies whenever he gets his Hogwarts letter and having her friend's books sent with her son.

Scorpius spent each day walking around the large house, playing with his many toys and flipping through his many books. He was so calm and so fun to be around all day. He was never fussy and seemed to be getting more and more intelligent by each passing day. And whenever Draco came home from his outings with his father the little boy would come running to him, reaching his arms out. Draco always picked him up, spinning him around as giggles slipped out of the little boy's pale lips.

Life with Draco and Scorpius was absolutely fantastic, she wouldn't change it for a single thing. It was all she could've ever wished for.

In October, when the leaves had turned brown and red and the winds had turned colder, two exciting things happened, and she would forever remember it. On a rainy Friday evening Noelle and Blaise took everyone out for drinks in central London, happily showing off a shiny engagement ring on Noelle's left ring finger. Blaise had asked her to marry him last weekend, and she had of course said yes. So now everyone in their friend group was getting married. She would've never thought that all of them would get married so young, even though mostly every pureblood child she knew had gotten married young. She was well aware that it was a norm amongst those types of families. Nevertheless she was happy that all of her friends had found love in their lives.

The next exciting thing came the following weekend. On a windy Saturday afternoon there was a knock on the tall front doors of the grand Malfoy manor. Draco got up for the couch to go and open the door.

"Allo! Scorp!" Draco called out for them from the entrance hall.

"Coming!" she yelled back, picking up Scorpius from the floor in the living room where he was playing with some wooden building blocks. He had been stacking them into a tall tower, concentrating greatly to not have them fall.

With the little boy on her right hip she made her way to the entrance hall only to see Marlize and Ezra standing there by the front door alongside Draco, her husband.

"Uncle Eja! Aunt Lijy!" Scorpius happily shouted, reaching his short chubby arms out towards his godfather and godmother. The little boy adored his godparents, and would smile happily every time he saw them.

"Hey little dude" Ezra said happily, grabbing Scorpius out of her arms to hug him.

"Hey you guys" she said, walking over to Marlize as Ezra held Scorpius in his arms "what a nice surprise, it's good to see you two"