Part ten

They walked around the school together once again on a Wednesday afternoon, looking around every corner for the vanishing cabinet. They peaked into every room they saw, and trailed their fingers along stone walls in search for hidden pathways or rooms.

"I'm getting really tired of this and we've barely even gotten started" Draco mumbled with a unpleasant irritation clear in his assertive voice.

"I know Draco" she said, dragging her fingertips along a bookshelf "but we have to find it, I need to get my father back somehow"

"You're such a daddy's girl" he scoffed, sitting down on a old dusty desk.

She stopped and turned around to look at him, placing her hands on her hips.

"At least I don't have daddy issues"

"I don't have daddy issues" he laughed, glaring at her "my dad and I are... alright"

"Yeah sure" she said, raising her eyebrows at him before she turned around to continue to look for a hidden passage in the bookshelf. Suddenly she felt his hot breath on her neck and his cold fingers on her hips.

"I know your father adores you, you're his little princess aren't you?" he whispered against her neck "must be awful not having him at home to keep your mother from breathing down your neck"

He spun her around, and his face lingered inches away from hers as he looked at her with his cloudy grey eyes.

"Stand up straighter Alice, brush your hair Alice, behave yourself Alice" he spoke lowly, imitating her mother's nagging words.

"Be a representable young lady Alice" she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest "that's all my mother cares about, me becoming someone's well behaved posh trophy wife"

"It's bullshit if you ask me" he said with a slug smirk "girls being taught to obey and all, you're way more fun when you bend the rules"

A amused laugh escaped her pink lips and he stared down at her, his grey eyes dancing over her fair skin. From her eyes to her lips.

"Yeah well what can I say?" she mumbled, leaning in closer to him "I'm not one to obey the rules, you know that"

She slid past him, walking towards the heavy wooden door to leave the room. He quickly hurried after her, running up to her side as she walked out into the empty corridor.

They found themselves on the sixth floor of the castle, long from their comfortable common room in the dungeons. The corridor was empty of students, and the study of ancient runes classroom laid dark before them.

They passed the East wing, the boys lavatories and professor Slughorn's office without speaking a word to each other, and by the door to a out of order bathroom he stopped her.

"Why the sour face sweetheart?"

"Don't call me sweetheart" she muttered, not feeling in the mood to banter with him.

"What's up with you?" he asked, eyeing her.

"Nothing" she mumbled, gazing around the corridor "I'm just frustrated... we're no closer to finding this fucking cabinet and you reminded me of my father being stuck in that place"

"You know..." he began speaking before footsteps and voices were heard. She saw two Ravenclaw boys turning a corner, probably heading towards the boys lavatory. Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her into the disused bathroom to their left. The room was dimly lit and dusty, and it smelled old. The bathroom had not been used since sometime before 1993, and it showed.