Part sixtyfive

May 1st. She found herself sitting in dark arts class next to Draco during that gloomy Friday, and at the end of the lesson professor Carrow came up to them. The man with the dull eyes stopped right in front of them, placing the palms of his hands down on their desk.

"Stay, I need to have a word with you two.... everyone else can leave, class is dismissed"

The dimly lit classroom emptied out quickly, mostly everyone was always in a hurry to leave the Carrow's classes.

"What is it?" Draco asked, leaning back in his chair as he looked at the professor.

"The dark lord wanted me to covey his message to you two" Amycus Carrow spoke, leaning forward a little "he wants to meet you two tonight at midnight by the other end of the forbidden forest"

"Why?" Draco asked, leaning forward to rest his underarms against the desk as he squinted his eyes slightly towards the older man "what's he planning?"

"I'd assume the dark lord wants to tell you the details himself" Amycus Carrow spat, leaning forward a little "however you ought to know this, we're taking the school tonight"

She looked down at her hands, a haunting feeling of uneasiness building up in the pit of her stomach. Draco sat back up, slowly nodding his head.

"Tell him we'll be there" the pale boy said before he stood up, grabbing his book bag from off of the chair where he had hung it "he can trust us, right Alice?"

She felt Draco look down at her with a serious expression clear in his cloudy grey eyes.

"Right" she said, clearing her throat "of course"

Draco flung the strap of his black leather book bag up over his right shoulder before he looked back at her. She got up and grabbed her own book bag, quickly putting her things that laid on the desk into it.

They left the classroom, professor Carrow's stern eyes following them.

The hallways of the castle felt colder now when she knew that the dark forces were going to storm them tonight, and she felt anxiousness ache inside of her. She wondered what was going to happen, and she wondered if she would find her parents in the middle of it.

Draco didn't talk a whole lot, he just walked quickly with his pale lips pushed together. He looked distant, almost a little concerned and distraught.

"Are you alright?" she asked him quietly as they turned a corner.

"What?" he asked, quickly turning his head towards her with a clenched jaw almost as if he hadn't expected her to talk to him"uhm, yeah... I'm fine"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Him, the dark lord" he mumbled, dragging one of his pale hands along his jaw "I just wonder what he's planning and how it involves us... I mean you can't fight"

"I'm sure it will be fine Draco" she said.

"No" he said sharply, stopping in his tracks to look at her "you need to stay safe, I will not let him put my unborn child and it's mother in harms way"

She didn't say anything else, for she didn't know what to say. Draco seemed to have his mind made up about it, and his words made her heart skip a beat.

They walked back to the Slytherin common room, muttering the password before they made their way in through the hidden passage in the cold stone wall. The common room was filled with students who sat around talking and laughing. Some did their homework and others played board games. Their friends sat in front of the fireplace as per usual, sloughing over each other as they talked and ate sweets.