chapter 16

;

"Why the fuck are you still standing here? I didn't hire you to stand here all day, brat." Yoongi rudely says and rolls his eyes before continuing to read the newspaper. Namjoon bows for the last time and walk inside, straight to the kitchen. "That's actually a good one." Yoongi proudly to himself with a proud smile on his face and look up at the sky, frowning, "It's so bright today and that really disgusts me." He mutters.

"Why is he in such a bad mood??" Namjoon mumbles while glaring at him without looking at the front and that caused him to bump into someone. "Ah!-oh? You're Taeyong! When did you get here??" He asks excitedly. "It's Taehyung.." The man smiles warmly. Namjoon nods a bit, feeling embarrassed for not remembering his friend's names. "Of course! I was just teasing you..." he tries to play it cool and give the man a fake smile making the man chuckle. "Yesterday." the man suddenly spoke making Namjoon look at him, slightly tilting his head, trying to understand what he meant by that and it makes Taehyung chuckled again. "You asked me when did I get here and it was yesterday but are you okay? we bumped into each other pretty hard just now." Taehyung asks as he leans closer, examined his face. Namjoon face heats up, his eyes wandering around to avoid eye contact, "Yes I'm okay. Thank you for asking." He answers, almost whispering and it brings a smile to Taehyung's face before backing away. "If you say so. If you need anything I'll be in the backyard." He ruffles Namjoon's hair and walks away, leaving the flustered Namjoon alone.

"Mind helping me for dinner?" Taehyung's sudden question makes Namjoon flinch. "You were zoning out so I thought helping me would be a good idea before Yoongi hyung finds out about it." Taehyung explains. "Sure..but I don't know how to cook." Namjoon shyly rubs the back of his head and watching Namjoon being shy makes Taehyung smile warmly. "Don't worry. I can teach you." Taehyung gives him the boxy smile of his and walks to the kitchen with Namjoon following him behind. "Do you know how to cut an onion?" Taehyung asks as he rolls up his sleeves before looking at Namjoon but Namjoon just shakes his head and looks down at the floor, feeling ashamed. "That's okay." Taehyung answer and grab two aprons, handing one to Namjoon which he gladly takes. "First you need to cut off the stem of the onion and the root as well." Taehyung hands him the onion while his other hand grabbing the cutting board, placing it on the kitchen aisle. Again, Namjoon gladly takes the onion and put the onion on the cutting board. "Next you need to place the onion with the cut stem side down on the cutting board-careful with the knife.." he warns as he hands over the knife to him, "..then you cut the onion in half through the root." He explains as he looks at Namjoon and found him standing still while staring down at the onion with the knife he handed him in his right hand. He slightly smiles at the sight. 

"..then you cut them to half like this." Taehyung explains and Namjoon gulps nervously. The way Taehyung is standing behind him, back hugging him while holding his hand, monitoring him on how to cut an onion really makes him feel nervous. "You're really good at this Namjoon hyung." Taehyung says smiling as he pats Namjoon's head. "Are you sure you never cooked before?" He asks with a warm smile but before Namjoon could answer, suddenly Yoongi's voice coming from the living room calls out Namjoon's name. "He must be looking for you. Don't worry, I'll do it from here." Taehyung speaks with a gentle voice of his with a warm smile. Namjoon nods and quickly get away from the kitchen while trying to remain cool as if nothing happens.