¤Chapter Forty- Four¤

Chapter Forty-Four|The Final Brainstorm

Euphoria groaned as pain overwhelmed her body. Her eyes fluttered open to find Demetrius hovering above her. She began blinking several times as she looked around. She spotted a few guards, cops standing outside and two nurses behind a doctor. Her eyes drifted to the window to see that it was night time and it was storming outside.

She blinked a couple more times before looking back at Demetrius who stared at her with concern. Euphoria noticed that his eyes were tinted red and underlying sadness brewed within the depths of his forest green eyes.  "What's wrong? What happened?'' she barely croaked out.

"Here." He handed her some water. "Leave us now."

Euphoria watched everyone leave the room besides the guards who stood at the window and at the door. She sipped her water slowly until the last person left.

"What's wrong with me?" She asked with panic raging in her eyes.

"No-no nothing is wrong with you mio amore." He sighed as he sat besides her on the bed. "It's just that when the explosion happened and the impact that it had on you ... launching you a couple feet off the ground and onto the stairs ... you uh..." Demetrius cleared his throat. "We lost a one of the triplets."

"Triplets?..." Euphoria frowned staring at him as if he'd grown two heads. She was unable to process what he was telling her.

"Euphoria you're pregnant with triplets, well you were up until a few hours ago. Now it's twins. "

Euphoria's lip wobbled and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. "I'm pregnant?" She chocked back a sob. "And I lost a baby." She chocked on more tears.

"Hey... shhh." He embraced her in a hug as he saw her reaching for him. "We'll get through this together." Demetrius mumbled into her hair.

Euphoria's sobs tore through the room eventually escaping into the hallway. Silence feel upon everyone one as they listened to a woman mourn the loss of her baby. Her heartbreaking and earth shattering sobs weighed heavily on the hearts and ears of those who know her.

Euphoria cried her heart out as Demetrius held her. Tears slowly fell from his eyes as he listened to the woman he loves mourn the loss of their baby.  He let her cry and hiccup herself to sleep as he rubbed soothing circles on her back with an occasional kiss here and there.

~¤~

"Other than the miscarriage, you have a few bumps and bruises along with a concussion." The doctor informed. "We were also able to clean your womb and ensuring that the other babies are still healthy and there aren't any complications." He cleared his throat. "However, due to you not knowing that your pregnant and not having being put on a proper diet and taking medication has increased the chances of you having a risky pregnancy. The stress and the miscarriage as well as the previous bullet wound you suffered adds to the risk of carrying twins let alone triplets. So, we'd like to keep you over the next two nights just for observation and to ensure there will no longer be as much problems as there were now."

Demetrius listened attentively while Euphoria stared blankly ahead of her as though she was there, but not there at the same time. "How far long am I?"

"According to the size of your babies and the questions your husband has answered, you are five months and a week long."

Euphoria nodded before placing her hand on the pudge on her stomach. "How come I'm not showing? It just looks like I've gained a healthy amount of weight."