¤Chapter Twenty¤

Chapter Twenty|Classy Food Fight

Euphoria was thankful that Benedetto stepped forward and pulled Imelda to the side and whispered harshly at her. Euphoria didn't get the chance to try and catch on to their conversation as Demetrius led her away from the two. He pulled out a chair for her before sitting himself down besides her. His parents sat down along with them shortly after before Imelda and Benedetto joined.

"How far are Parlo and Salvatore?" Penelope asked.

"Not far. They'll be here in 15 minutes." Demetrius answered with slight nervousness that didn't go unnoticed by Euphoria. She raised a questioning brow at him only for him to return it with a slight smile and a squeeze to her knee.

"So, how did you to meet?" Penelope asked the couple before her. "We might as well order some drinks and get to know you better while we wait on our other guests."

Euphoria smiled at her. "Sure. Well we met at the club that I worked at, Kisses. He scared me the first time we met because I walk in on him doing something shady." Euphoria bit her lip phrasing it as best she could so that if anyone listened they wouldn't have a direct idea of what she intended to say.

"What did you walk in on?" Penelope asked. "Did you feel a connection?" The woman wanted details.

"Business." Was her simple answer. She could feel Mr. D'Agostino staring right at her. Analysing her. "No not instantly. I was a bit skeptical when and untrusting of his motives at first. But, as a let my guard down I started to feel a connection." Euphoria smiled.

"Bullshït." Imelda scoffed. "A connection with a stripper?" She sneered.

"I'm not a stripper, never have been and never will be. Not that I have anything against strippers." Euphoria defended calmly. This bitčh better be thankful that I'm trying to impress his family.

"Could've fooled me. The only club named Kisses around here is a strip club." She rolled her eyes. "And why is Salvatore coming? He doesn't need to meet this whore." She exclaimed.

"I worked as a bar tender at the strip club. Working at a strip club doesn't mean I'm a stripper. I could've been a DJ, floor manager and or a janitor. Don't jump to conclusions or assume anything about people you don't even know." Euphoria narrowed her eyes at the girl. "And don't call me out my name. I never called you out your name at all." Well not out loud. "Respect those around you and it shall be returned. You've been warned, you won't like it when I return the same treatment you're giving me at the moment."

"It's not you're choice as to who Salvatore is introduced to." Emilio scolded. "And Euphoria is right you better have some manners and respect her because whether you like it or not she is your brothers woman." He continued.

"This is not the lady I rised. How you act and behave reflects on how you were brought up. You're doing a poor job at represent your family." Penelope added with a frown on her lips."I want you to apologise to Euphoria and Demetrius for your behaviour by the end of the night."

"I am not going to apologise to her. I'm not sorry for anything. I meant everything I said." Imelda stuck her nose in the air. "She doesn't even belong here. She's not one of us. She'll never be one of us. She's not fit to be Demetrius's Queen and even if she does become one, God forbid, she'll never be a D'Agostino." She spat

Ouch...

"Imelda!" The whole family exclaimed together.

"You apologise this instant young lady!" Penelope demanded.

"No, No." Euphoria shook her head. "Its fine really. She was just telling me how she feels. At least I know where I stand with her as a person. That's what she feels." She stopped the family from attacking her. Why? Bitčh I don't even know. "But I'm not going anywhere Imelda. Whether you like it or not you'll be seeing a whole lot of me around. You rather keep your distance before I give you an ašs whopping you'll never forget." She glared at her.

"You wouldn't dare touch me." Imelda hissed.

"Test me and you'll see."

A tense silence surrounded the table. Euphoria couldn't feel the tight hold that Demetrius had on her knee under the table. It was clear as day that he was anything but pleased with his sister. Same for the family. They all didn't like it one bit.

"Papa!" A voice screamed and a set of footsteps brought the entire tables attention to a head or curls bouncing up and down.

A cut little boy with green eyes, black curly hair, chubby dimpled cheeks, pink pouty lips and a small button nose bounced his was to Demetrius. The boy held his arms out and bounced on his toes with a smile on his face for him.

"Salvatore my boy." Demetrius scooped the boy up into his arms placed a kiss to his cheek then is head.

The Fuck?!

Euphoria sat there wide eyed staring at the child who looked no older than 4 or 5. She didn't know he had a child. He never let on that he did.

"Euphoria meet Parlo, my youngest child." Penelope said hugging a man with curly blond hair, green eyes a small button nose and pink plump lips. He was more to the leaner side than the other males in the room. "Parlo meet Euphoria, Demetrius's woman."

"Hi." Euphoria plastered a smile despite her shock as she got up and hugged him.

"Nice to meet you." Parlo nodded before taking his seat.

"And this bundle of joy." Penelope tickled the boys stomach. "Is my grandchild Salvatore. Salvatore this is you're papa's woman."

The boy stared up at her with awe struck eyes. His mouth hung open as his body became slack. Euphoria swore she could see stars in his eyes. Salvatore eagerly reached out his hands to her. With a light chuckle she took him and placed him in her lap.

"Hi there little man."

"You're so pretty." He touched her cheeks with both his hands. "And your skin is so soft."

Euphoria giggled as she adjusted him on her lap and skillfully pushed off Demetrius's hand from her knee. She was letting him know that she was upset, extremely upset.

"And you are just so cute."

"I'm not cute." He puffed out his cheeks and chest. "I'm a man."

Euphoria laughed. "Ok well then you'll be my handsome little man huh?" She turned her body slightly away from Demetrius as she felt him try to place his hand back on her knee.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."