¤Chapter Twelve¤

Chapter Twelve|Oh So You're One Of Them

Euphoria glared at the woman before her. They began to read her her rights as they cuffed and led her to the back of the police car.

"When I come back you'll be out of a job by the end of this weekend." Euphoria spat at the woman who stood with smug look and the security guards who seem highly unsure about what had transpired.

Once they had arrived in the downtown station they took all her belongings that were on her, made her take her mug shots after a long tedious process of getting all information on her they shoved her into a holding cell. Just fučking great. she grumbled in her head as she sat down.

After two long hours of waiting around they allowed her to make a call. She called the number that she was able to remember the most because of the amount of times they spoke.

"Demetrius D'Agostino speaking."

"Demetrius." She called out to him. "Its Euphoria."

"Tesoro what are you doing calling me from the police station?"

"Its a long story but can you please call David Daniels and ask him to bring all the documents concerning the penthouse."

"Your lawyer?"

"Yes I'm going to sue the fučk out of somebody. I'm so fučking livid right now. I've been in here for about three hours now." She hissed.

"I'm coming to get you." He said before she could say anything the line cut off. She wasn't sure if he hung up or the amount of quarters they put in had finished.

Regardless of those the guard gripped her arm and shoved her right back into the cell. "Jackass." Euphoria muttered after she caught herself from falling face first.

The guard merely smirked before leaving. Euphoria sat on a clean looking spot on the floor. As she sat waiting she couldn't help but to think back to this morning.

¤Flashback¤

Euphoria had woken up early and cleaned around the apartment. She had decided that she was going to stay at the penthouse for a week and see if it's better compared to living here. Better: in terms of, is she able to get from one place to another without much of a hassle.

After she had cleaned up after all the events that took place with Demetrius and his men arriving the night before, she went and took a shower. After she had gotten dressed in a pair of grey leggings, long sleeve crop top and sneakers she was ready to pack all she needed. Once she had packed all that she would need and grabbed her suitcase only. Euphoria wanted to bring in all her things slowly only to make sure that she was actually going to stay at the penthouse.

After locking up her apartment she hauled her suitcase into the trunk of the cab and told the driver the address. The cab driver gave her a skeptical look before driving off. She ignored the look he gave her before focusing her attention out the window.

When they'd arrived she pulled her suitcase up the stairs with her before the door man so kindly took it and walked with her the rest of the way. David had told her that the receptionist would have the spare keys to the penthouse since the other keys have not been located.

"Hi." Euphoria greeted the woman who sat behind the desk filing her nails as she chewed on some gum and spoke on the phone. "Hello." She waved her hand at the woman. She glanced at her before turning in her seat so the back of the chair faced her.

Euphoria took a deep breath before turning to the doorman who stood besides her frowning at the chair. "Excuse me sir." He turned to her. "My uncle Marvin Creek passed on not too long ago and he left me, his long lost niece as people call me," only his lawyer and the bank tenants had called her that. "A penthouse suite but his key hasn't been found. His lawyer who is now my lawyer, David Daniels, said I should just get the key from the lady at reception. Can you please tell this bitčh to give me the keys before I go and snatch all her extensions and fake lashes out." She smiled politely at him.

The doorman looked as though he was too seconds away from dying of laughter. He called out to the woman who she found her name to be Susan. "Give Miss Kreek here the keys of the late Mr. Creek's penthouse on the 10th floor."

Thank the heavens she wasn't that high up.

"I'm going to need to see some ID and proof of residence." Susan said before popping the gum in her face.

"Why do you need my ID or proof of residence? Mr. Daniels called ahead so I don't see the whole point of what you're asking of me."

"The name doesn't suite the face. I need to see some ID in order to confirm that." Euphoria scoffed at this. She now understood the situation. She's one of them.

"You mean the name doesn't suit the race, right?" Euphoria tilted her head to the side. "And don't you think for a second that checking my ID is a little above your pay grade? Aren't you only meant to inform the tenants when they have company or deliveries? So, why don't you be a good little bitčh and give me my damn keys!" Euphoria snapped.

"What is it with you people." Susan snarled. "I'm calling security and the cops. You're clearly a danger to me and everyone around you."

"You got me all the way fučk up." Euphoria threw her hands in the air. "Tell me exactly what is it that I did that will convince the cops to come all the way down here to arrest me hmmm?"

"I don't need much, you being black is good enough." Susan smiled smugly.

Euphoria released a humorless laugh. "So it is a race thing. What? Black people can't have a nice place to live and have loads of money?"

"What are you a stripper? That's the only way you could have loads of money and even then you wouldn't be able to afford a place like this."

"As if you could ever." She scoffed.

"Just go back to the ghetto or the projects where you belong nigger."

Something switched at the back of her head and Euphoria found out that her eye could twitch and less than a second she was gripping onto Susan hair. Before she could do much damage that's when security came and pulled her off. Susan had managed to claw her cheek while Euphoria only managed to pull out a bundle of extensions.

¤Present¤

Euphoria felt herself getting all riled up all over again from just thinking about it. Before she could let her thoughts travel any further a police officer accompanied by the guard from earlier came and cuffed her again. They walked her out to the front where Demetrius was signing her release papers.

"Is this going on my record?" She asked no one in particular.

"No." Demetrius stood to his full height. "You pigs arrested her for things that aren't even true. This will not appear anywhere, not as much as a peep will be heard of this or else there will be severe consequences to be paid." He stated before holding out his hand to Euphoria.

She gladly took a hold of his hand and intertwined her small fingers with his big ones. "Her belongings."

Soon everything was returned to her and one of his guards took her suitcase. "Now shall we pay a visit to the bitčh who put me here in the first place?"

"Don't curse too much mi cioccolatino." Demetrius scolded lightly. "And I assume it is she who you want to sue."

Fučk Yeah!

"Big time."