¤Chapter Thirty-Nine¤

Chapter Thirty-Nine|Feeling A little Flu'y

Euphoria released a breath as she rubbed her eyes. She'd been sitting in her study after returning from the club meeting. After reading overly exaggerated lengthy e-mails Euphoria had come to the conclusion that her alleged aunt is deranged. Stewart was not lying that Melissa Creek, her late uncle's ex-wife, had gone to great lengths to gain her attention.

Melissa Creek had gone on to provide the proof that security had demanded. Euphoria found photo albums upon photo albums, teady bears and a few supposed family heirlooms. Looking through the box struck a cord in her heart.

"Miss." George, the butler, bowed at the now open door. "I knocked but you didn't answer, I thought something must've been wrong."

"No sorry, that was my mistake. I just have a lot on my mind. What can I do for you?" Euphoria rubbed her eyes once more.

"I came to inform you that dinner will be served in ten minutes."

"Oh great, I'm hunrgy. I'll be down in a few. Oh and may you please ensure there's a glass of water and pain killers at my plate setting."

"Of course ma'am." He bowed once more before leaving.

Euphoria stood up with a stretch and yawn. She slipped on her fluffy slippers and left her study. When she'd returned from the strip club she had removed her blazer, holster and replaced heels with slippers.

She could hear the all too familiar chatter and laughter of the family in the main dining room as she neared it. It brought a sense of déjá vu. Euphoria could feel her mood lift slightly at the thought of listening to everyone's stories of the day. Upon entering the dining room she smiled with a greeting at everyone present. She took her seat and waited for everyone else to arrive.

"Is your face like that because your tired or are those signs of aging as I can see some wrinkles." Simone sneered.

Euphoria scoffed. "Watch yourself trick. I'm younger than you last I checked. And we all know that black don't crack so all you're doing is looking stupid as hell with such remarks." She shot back.

"It won't be long before you're out of here."

"Who the hell invited you?" Gabriela asked.

"Mommy, bad word." Sean, her youngest son, said.

"Sorry honey." She patted his head lightly.

"Hey don't look at me." Imelda held up her hands. "This time I didn't invite her. She just showed up." She explained as everyone looked to her. Euphoria sighed sitting back in her seat ready for the day to come to an end.

Emilio, Parlo, Demetrius and Benny arrived after a short while with Salvatore trailing behind them. Everyone else had already been present. Once seated they said grace before the starters were served.

"Are you ok baby?" Euphoria asked Salvatore as she watched him pick at his food. She lifted her hand up paced her hand against his forehead. "You're heating up."

"No, my tummy hurts." He murmured before sitting back in his seat.

"What did you eat after lunch, during snack time?" Euphoria frowned.

"I had cookies, some candy and also a can of soda." He told her.

"Didn't I tell you not to eat anymore junk for today since you had dessert during lunch?" Euphoria asked as she finished up her salad.