¤Chapter Twenty-Four¤

Chapter Twenty-four|Q and A?

Euphoria's heart squeezed as she looked at the t.v. screen with a tear full gaze. Her brand new home had crumbled to the ground. From what she could see and read it was because of some sort of explosion. Her eyes were fixated on the t.v. screen to hear the hustle and bustle of the workers around her and the repetition of her name being called.

Euphoria had only been pulled out of her little bubble when a broad chest came in her line of sight. Her eyes trailed up to be met with concern and remorseful emerald eyes. "My home." Is all she could mumble before Demetrius had pulled her into his arms. Tears escaped her eyes but she didn't make a sound. Her body didn't quake like she expected it to. Only silent tears soaked his shirt.

"Everything's going to be alright tesoro." He kissed her temple.

"I don't really care for the penthouse. I just really care for all of my uncle's things. It's the only thing I have of him besides his family." She spoke before wiping her face against his chest to get the tears out her eyes.

"I'll have my people sort through everything to see if they'll be able to recover anything." He spoke.

Euphoria wrapped her arms around his waist before looking up to meet his gaze. "You'll do that for me?"

"Anything for you." Demetrius looked down at her.

"Thank you. It won't be hard because I put all the important items in a large case." She informed him.

"Does it have any particular features that will help narrow the search?"

"My surname and it's grey in colour and it has a lock on it." She described it. "Oh my gosh the teddy you got me! Captain Bananas!" She exclaimed before she began to cry again. "And my clothes!"

~¤~

Euphoria felt groggy as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. A yawn passed her lips before she blinked away the sleep from her eyes. She looked around with a frown on her face and a pout on her lips as she wondered when she went to sleep.

"You're awake." Her eyes darted to the sitting area in the room. Demetrius sat with his glasses perched on his nose and a laptop on his lap.

"How long was I out for and when did I fall asleep?"

"It's around five in the afternoon. You fell asleep from all the crying in the kitchen so I brought you up to the master bedroom." He explained as he put aside his laptop and made his way over to her. "I was worried about you and so is Salvatore." He sat besides her.

Euphoria sighed. "I'm fine now. I think?" She squinted looking at him. "What type of explosion was it?"

"We recovered footage of someone placing a bomb in your car earlier in the morning that was set to go off around the time you and Salvatore were in his room."

"What?" Her eyes widened. "Who would do this?"

"I don't know know as of yet but when I do they will be dealt with accordingly." Demetrius gritted out with his fists clenched.

Euphoria ran her finger through her hair as she blew out a breath. A moment pass before a frown settled on her face. "Around the time I was with Sal is around the time I'd normally go grocery shopping first and then to the car wash, or vise versa." She stated before looking at him. "Whoever did this obviously studied or stalked me to know what I do on a Saturday."

"I'll have someone canvas the area to look for anyone suspicious. In the mean time I'll have one of the analyst and the I.T boy check all surveillance dating back to when you first moved in." Demetrius said as he typed away rapidly on his phone.

Euphoria stood to her feet and stretched with a far from lady-like yawn. Her shoulder slumped as she walked towards the bathroom. "Do you have a spare tooth brush?"

"I had someone go and purchase all the things know you use while you slept. Everything you need should be in there."

"Thank you." She sent him a small smile. Euphoria walked into the bathroom and sure enough all the things she used were there. From the type or hair products to the bamboo toothbrush and charcoal tooth paste.

Reaching for regular tooth paste Euphoria spread some before beginning to brush her teeth. After that she began to wash her face. As she dabbed her face dry she spotted Demetrius sitting on the edge of the tub through the mirror. She shot him a small smile before she began to moisturize her face.

"What happened in the training room between you and Delia?"

"Who's Delia?" Euphoria scrunched up her face.

"The woman you dislocated her shoulder and broke her nose?"

"Oh that Delia." She stated as if she knew more than one Delia. "She had some things to say. I didn't mind at first before she crossed the line so I snapped and popped a few things." She shrugged. "She'll think twice before she goes running her mouth without thinking again."

"Where did you learn how to do all that? Even with the night of the attack you had defensive wounds not inflicted wounds." Demetrius stated as his eyes bored into her own.

Euphoria released a long breath as she turned around and leaned against the counter behind her. "When I had turned 15, I left the orphanage I lived in. At the time I had a big ole head: thinking that I was grown and could take care of myself. I left the orphanage to go stay with my boyfriend at the time. He was a local drug dealer. Where I come from getting someone like that, someone who runs the streets and spoil you, was an accomplishment. To me, however, not so much. I cared more for him than what he did. During my stay with him and being with him I got into a whole lot of shít. Fighting, caught in between street gang rivalry, drive-bys. Just that whole mess. So I had to learn to take care of myself in the sense of protection. The Kingpin, my ex-boyfriends boss, was the one who helped me to protect myself. When I got shot and got so close to being infertile that's when I got a wake up call and just decided to send myself to college. That was the safest way out in my eyes and so far it has been." She explained.

"Where was he in all of this? He was meant to protect you." Demetrius frowned and his jaw ticked.

"Running the streets and fučking anything that would let him." She shrugged.

"Including you?" He asked cautiously.

"No." Euphoria shook her head. "I was fučking the Kingpin." She stated turning around to pack up all her items she was using. "It was mutual thing really. I felt like I was more in a relationship with the Kingpin than my ex. Despite caring for that piece of shit.So I guess it felt right."

Turning to face him she saw the grim expression on his face. Euphoria rolled her eyes. "Don't even start with all that Italian man possessive shít." She narrowed her eyes at him as she placed her hands on her hips. "If you must know I've only slept with one guy and that was him. So stop all of that before I'm forced to stop it for you."

"Italian man possessive shít?" He quirked a brow with a hint of a smile as he stood to his feet. Demetrius closed the distance between them both before pulling her close. "Where did all this sass come from?"

"I've gotten comfortable around you so it was bound to come out. Oh and a bunch of other traits are about to come out too." She grinned wrapping her arms around his neck. "Plus I need to recognise and use the power I have, being the woman of a Godfather and all."

"I guess you do." He pressed a light kiss to her lips. Demetrius smirked as he watched her keep her eyes closed savoring the feel of his lips. "And back to your fighting skills. I'd like you to start training."

"Buzz kill." Euphoria rolled her eyes at him. "I'm gonna go find Sal before you continue telling me about exercising."

"Tesoro." He warned as he watched her practically skip away from him.

"See you later Demetrius." She waved cheerfully at him.