Chapter 16 - The Ant Hill Pt. 2

3rd Person's POV

As soon as the group got back, Ahmi trudged to the room she shared with Kamala and flopped down on her bed, falling asleep immediately. She was exhausted from grappling with SHE all day and needed to regain her strength and energy. 

Meanwhile, Dr. Banner and Dr. Pym were discussing Roy when Kamala approached. 

"Hey, got a sec?" she asked Bruce. 

"Yeah...yeah. What's up?" He asked.

"AIM is moving the Inhumans to a more secure location...soon," she said. 

"Okay..." Bruce said, confused. 

"You've been talking to Dante?" Pym asked. 

"I'm sorry...wh--who's Dante?" Bruce asked. 

"One of our Inhuman survivors. We were able to get him out, but his mother is still inside. And our escape caused AIM to shore up security," Pym explained.

"Gotcha," he said, shifting.

 "Look, we have to help them," Kamala objected. 

"Oh, that's not a good idea," he said. 

"What? There are Inhumans in there. I don't understand. Dante's mom. We can't just sit around and do nothing," she objected.

 "No, no, no, no...I know, I know...We're not going to sit around and do nothing, ok? Roy just left with the energy cores, it means Tony will be here in less than a day...We...need to wait. Plus, Abila needs to get her energy back," Bruce coaxed.

"I don't understand. We have the Hulk and SHE," she objected.

 "Kamala, the Resistance has been trying to infiltrate that facility for months. Getting out was far easier than getting in. And we, we had help! From the ground, its walls are nearly impenetrable," Pym explained. 

"You saw what we did back there. I could help!" Kamala said.

 "But it's too risky--" Bruce started.

 "You don't understand, you're not Inhuman!" she snapped, and Bruce hung his head.

"You're not ready. Besides, sending Abila out there in her current state could get you both hurt, or worse, killed. I'm sorry...We wait,"