Chapter 29 - The Truth

Alarms blared and the pod shook as we hurdled through space, courtesy of the massive explosion. 

"Just lost the engines!" Tony shouted. 

"Tony?!" Cap and Snake yelled. 

"Come on, yeah, yeah...We get it, shit!" Tony managed to get the emergency lever, and we all slumped forward in our seats with nothing pushing us back into them anymore. 

"Ah, come on...Damn it...Damn it, no, no, no!" He muttered.

All of the adrenaline drained out of me in an instant, revealing to me how exhausted I really was. "Well, good news is we're not gonna die in a fiery ball of death," Tony said.

 "And the bad news?" I asked tiredly. 

"We'll most likely suffocate first," He admitted.

"Well, at least it's a good view. Hey, kid, you okay? You look drained," Snake said, looking at me, and causing the men to turn around as well.

"Yeah, just...really took a toll on me, melting robots from the inside," I admitted, leaning my head back. 

"Is that what you did?" Cap asked. 

"More or less. I don't know the science behind it. Just know it works, and that's enough for me," I said. 

"Damn it...so close," Tony muttered, sighing. 

"Well, since we're gonna die anyway, you have any, I don't know...last confessions?" Tony asked.

"Your jokes. I just don't get them," Cap admitted.

 "I know, I read your diary," Cap smiled and chuckled. "Why'd you smash the reactor, Cap?" He asked, and his smile faded as he looked at Tony. "A lot of people died."

"Tony, there was something buried, deep beneath the Bay. Somehow linked to the reactor. Working its way to the surface every minute," Cap explained.

"The earthquake," Tony said. 

"We had to do something. The whole San Andres fault was about to blow. The ocean would have consumed the city. Millions would have died," Snake said.

 "Never doubted you two for a second. Just had to hear it, ya know?" He said. Suddenly, a wormhole thing opened up in space. 

"What the hell is that?" I muttered, leaning forward.

Thor suddenly appeared in front of the pod in full armor. 

"Well, look who it is. Am I always going to save the day?" He asked.

 "I'd expect nothing less from the God of Thunder," Cap said. Tony raised a hand. 

"Hi, Thor," He said.

"Welcome back, Captain, Serpent,"

a/n This is titled, "No, I will not be giving up sarcasm today," in my meme folder.