Chapter 37 - ...Force...

"The beacon must have been a decoy. Somehow, Tarleton is still transmitting," The Captain said.

 "You struggle against the unstoppable tide of progress, Avengers," MODOK rose in front of us, arms spinning as he sat in a massive chair, a band around his big head.

 "This just got a whole lot weirder!" Snake exclaimed.

 "What has happened to his face?" Thor asked. 

"You can slow me down...But I have enough mist to blanket the WORLD!" MODOk sneered as more gunships rose behind him.

"AVENGERS! No Warships make it out of the quarantine zone," Hulk and Thor lept into combat, smashing the ships as they took off. 

"Tony, Ellie, take out those thrusters," Cap ordered. 

"Thought you'd never ask!" Tony exclaimed, and the two took to the skies.

 "C'mon, George. You're killing innocent people!" He said. 

"No quips, Stark? That's not like you," MODOK observed.

"Look out for a giant falling head! Might be able to take out those thrusters," Snake said. The two circled MODOK, firing at the chair's thrusters as we fought the ships. Debris started circling him as it pulsed with purple energy. 

The two were swift in taking the thrusters out, causing MODOK to fall to the ground. 

"Ugh! All this wasted effort. It will make no difference. Inhumanity is a blight on this Earth," He fired a massive beam, sending the Iron Man suit into the wall.

"Ow. Oh, that hurt a little," Tony groaned. 

"I'll take it from here. Everyone fan out...buy me some time," Cap ordered. 

"Monica already contaminated me with you and the Serpent's blood, Captain Rogers! She made me into the thing I hate the most. I'm willing to die with them now for the good of all," MODOK sneered.

 "Lots of power coming out of the thing on his back," Tony advised.

 "On it," Cap said.

"Maybe if you take out his main thruster!" Snake suggested.

 "Good call! That might give me a window," He said.

 "I know, I make those sometimes," She responded. MODOK kept sweeping the Captain's legs and causing him to fall over. We were all floating around, fighting various Synthoids in an attempt to buy Cap some time.

 "I never wanted either of you to die, Rogers, Scotch. I just wanted the world to not need you," MODOK admitted. 

"It's not about need, it's about hope!" The main thruster had gone out, causing him to fall to the ground again. I had taken a lot of hits, and my body was sore from all the fighting. 

But I kept going. I was sure we were nearing the end of this fight.

"Then I hope the world is a better place after everything I've done,"