Chapter 6 - To Find Olympia

"Finally! Do you know how long I've waited? All the years I've been trapped, stuck in that sick girl I have to share a body with?" a wave of overwhelming fear and guilt washed over me.

This was my fault. I couldn't keep a lid on it. And now they're going to pay the consequences.

"What the hell is going on?!" Dr. Banner shouted. I felt so small, but I managed to make it over to my--SHE's eyes, watching the scene play out.

"You don't know who I am? I guess Abila's not as polite as I thought," SHE scoffed. "My name is SHE. And I think I'll be running this show from now on," a tendril shot out, wrapping around Kamala's neck.

"No! Let her go! Let her go!" I screamed, my throat raw as fear caused tears to well up in my eyes.

"Let her go," Dr. Banner said calmly. SHE laughed. It was a chilling sound, one that sent a shiver down your spine and caused blood to drain from your face.

"What will you do if I don't? Lose your temper? We both know you won't do that," SHE cackled.

"Let. Her. Go," I started whacking at the insides of SHE's head, hoping to get her to released Kamala.

"You little brat! Stop that!" I found a small chest that appeared and ripped it open. All the darkness sucked into the small chest, snapping shut as I finally regained control, falling to my hands and knees.

"Abila?" Kamala asked tentatively, as Dr. Banner started moving towards me.

"N-n-n-n-no. D-Don't touch me," I shrank back, and he pulled away.

"I'm so sorry, Kamala. That never should've happened. This is my fault," I whimpered.

"No, it's not," she claimed.

"Yes, it is. I lost control. That can't happen," I said, almost lashing out.

"What was that?" Dr. Banner asked, still trying to wrap his head around the event.

"That was SHE. She, uh, one day I woke up and she was in control. She's a shadow demon. And, if we're lucky, you'll never have to see her again,"

-

"Please, Dr. Banner, we need your help," Kamala begged. We were back trying to convince the doctor to help us find Mr. Stark and crack my hard drive.

 "I can't help you," he insisted.

"Fine. We'll do it ourselves," I growled, snatching up the piece of paper with directions written on it. I walked out of the room, Kamala trailing after me. Inside, I felt defeated. All this effort...for nothing.

"Wait!" I paused, turning back around. I almost couldn't believe it. "Just...you'll need a ride," he said, standing up and starting to head off to somewhere.

"Really?" Kamala asked incredulously. We entered the hangar, which was massive and incredibly dusty. Dear God, has anyone ever been in here for the past five years?

The driver's door clicked open as the doctor climbed in, Kamala getting in the front seat beside him. I sat in the back, staring at my hands.

When SHE had taken over, I wanted to kill them. I wanted to spill their blood all over the floor, feel the life drain from their bodies like the blood from their wounds. 

I was ashamed, too.

I had sworn to myself, a long time ago, that I would never let SHE take over again. And I had failed. 

 "Hey, kid, you okay?" I glanced up, seeing Dr. Banner looking at me through the rearview mirror, Kamala's body twisted to face me with concern etched into her face.