Chapter 25 - ...The Ant Hill

The doors slid open revealing a large, industrial facility. "There's Meridian," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "Holy crap, the AIM bees have been busy," Tony exclaimed as we stepped out, running to keep up with the Iron Man suit.

 "I am picking up a Pym Particle signature deeper in the base," JARVIS reported. 

"That's why I love ya, JARVIS," Tony said.

"Aww, you guys are cute," she drawled. 

"Damn it...Avenges, we have a problem. It looks like AIM has traced my hack of their servers. I'm getting reports on the Ant Hill perimeter. I need you to find that particle sample and get back here ASAP!" Dr. Pym exclaimed. 

"Even if we do find it, I don't know if we can get back to you in time!" she responded.

 "Hold on, I think I have a way for you to get back," he said. We arrived swiftly at the base since we were short on time and needed to get back as soon as we could to help Dr. Pym and the Inhumans.

"Okay, I'm sending Theo, one of my operatives, through to your location. He'll teleport you and the particle sample back to the Ant Hill," Pym reported.

 "Teleport? Whoa, this should be interesting," Tony said. 

"Please, hurry! Before they reach us!" he begged. 

"We'll do our best, Dr. Pym," I said, sending darkness into a bot. 

Tony's suit changed from the Iron Man suit to the Hulkbuster armor, which was a massive help in the onslaught of bots. The last bot fell just as I finished hacking into a module. The container holding the particle appeared, and I pocketed it. 

"We have the particle, doc! Hank? Damnit, Pym, where's your operative?" She asked. 

"He should be there!" the doctor exclaimed. 

"Avengers! Hurry! Where's the Pym Particle?" Theo asked, appearing with a portal.

"Get us back to the Ant Hill, now. They need our help," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "You're needed on the front lines. Hold tight, this might be a rough ride," we got warped back to the Ant Hill via Theo's portal. 

"Thank you. I'll deliver the particle to Dr. Pym," he said as I passed it to him.

 "What is this place?" she asked. 

"Hey, Resistance guy--care to fill us in?" Tony asked.

"Uh, this is a safe house close to the Ant Hill," someone explained as Theo teleported away.

 "Yeah, doesn't seem safe to me," the doors slid open, light pouring into the room as the desert came into view. 

"Avengers! Get out there and buy us some time!" Pym said. 

"What the hell's going on?" he asked.

 "Just keep it busy, I'll join you when I can," Pym exclaimed.

"It? That sounds ominous," I observed, flinging a shadow ball at a drone.

 "Alright, the Avengers are here! Let's do this!" a Resistance member said as we approached a large black ship.

 "Damn, that's not good," Ms. Romanoff said. 

"AIM's machine will be through in a matter of minutes," JARVIS reported. 

"Then let's take it out," Tony said confidently.

"Target the vents on its legs," JARVIS instructed. We each took a different leg, my tendrils shooting in and taking the vents out. 

"Now, go for its eye," JARVIS said. We all pounded the eye, but it stood back up. 

"Watch out, it's coming back online," JARVIS warned.

 "The side vents are overheating--target them," JARVIS said. He was a big help, pointing out what we needed to hit when we needed to hit it. Eventually, after a long time of targeting the weak spots in the thick hull of the bot, it erupted into a massive chain of explosions. 

"Ha, ha! In your face, AIM!" Tony exclaimed.

 "Uh, sir, I'm detecting a massive teleport signature," JARVIS reported.

A giant portal opened in the sky, another Warbot falling out and landing on the ground, sending out a massive shockwave.

 "Hank, evacuate the Ant Hill, now!" Ms. Romanoff ordered. 

"I don't think so," another portal opened up, revealing the doctor. He had a large silver weapon in his hands, that didn't look even remotely stable.

"Hank...that doesn't look ready," Tony exclaimed.

"Come on, Tony...live a little," The front of the weapon started spinning, causing a red-purple glow. A beam hit the Warbot, causing it to shrink to a fraction of its size.

 "Unbelievable! It worked!" she exclaimed. The bot landed on its back, kicking the air uselessly as Pym walked over and picked it up. 

"Congratulations, Dr. Pym. The Resistance has an impressive new weapon," JARVIS praised.

"They're sorta cute when they're small. Thanks, guys. I owe you one,"