Chapter 38 - ...Of....

"I think that ship sailed, pal!" Tony called. The thruster regained power, launching MODOK back into the air. I could tell the fatigue was setting in with everyone since their movements were a little slower than they used to be. 

"He's down, Cap! Take out that power source!" Tony said as MODOK fell again.

Alas, he got up again and we were back to jumping mechanical arms. Tendrils shot out of my hands, grabbing a Stiletto bot and ripping it in half, flinging either side into the water below. 

I rolled my shoulders, a section of my back turning black as six tendrils emerged, whipping enemies around. 

"Kid, did you just spawn six tendrils out of your back?" Tony asked in disbelief. 

"Yes, I did. Fear me," I joked.

 "I'm starting to want to," He admitted.

 "Agh! No!" MODOK cried as he fell for the third time.

 "End this, Tarleton!" Cap demanded. 

"Don't call me that! I am MODOK!" He cried, rising back into the air. The thing on his back shattered, causing the chair thing to slide forward.

"He's down! Assemble on me!" Cap ordered. 

"Not quite yet!" MODOK said, getting back up.

 "Nat, move in!" Cap said. 

"Right behind you," She responded. A purple force field spawned around MODOK, sending Cap and Widow flying to the ground.

"Damn it. Options, people!" Cap called.

 "Aye. On my way," Thor said, crackling with lightning. 

"As soon as you've got enough power, blast him!" Snake advised as Thor hit the ground. 

"And his shield will fall. Understood!" Thor said. He floated a few feet in the air, lightning coating the battlefield as he slammed down and caused a surge of lightning.

I couldn't really pinpoint what was going on anymore. Projectiles were flying everywhere, and it was loud. And I mean really loud. 

I ended up locked in combat against an Adaptoid. It fired a beam my way, and I rolled to the side to avoid it, sending a shadow ball at it.

It burst against its chest, the darkness seeping into the cracks. I realized I could control it, and made it blow up into an orb surrounding the bot.

 I slammed my hands together, stopping them a few inches apart, and the darkness shot into it, crippling it. 

I made a hardened tendril, lopping its head off. 

"Gotta admit it, kid! That was pretty cool!" Snake called.

"Heimdall, to me!" A beam of light surrounded Thor, coming down on MODOK as Thor appeared under him. It caused him to fall to the ground for the umpteenth time in a row, his arms holding him a few feet about the ground. 

"You don't understand! You can't help but hurt others. Only I can stop you," A gigantic figure erupted from the Bay, sending chunks of Earth flying everywhere. 

Tendrils wrapped around me, forming a shield I could see out of, but they vanished as debris landed. "What is that thing?" Cap asked.

"A Kree sentry," Thor sneered.

 "Cap, I'm getting the feeling that gem on his head isn't just for decoration," Snake said, tensing up. 

"I think we've got bigger problems," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "Yeah! On it!" Thor, Snake, and Tony took to the air, Tony blasting an Omni-Beam into the Kree sentry. The sentry used a hand to block it, snapping a tower from the wall and using it to swat the Iron Man suit from the air.

"You cannot win!" Thor claimed, charging Mjolnir full of lightning. The Kree blasted him with eye lasers, but Thor landed on his feet and lept back into battle with a war cry. 

Kamala and I were urging the escaped Inhumans onto the quinjet, which was hovering with its ramp down. 

"Come on, come on! Get up!" I urged. 

"Over here! Get on board!" Kamala called.

"Kamala, Ahmi, heads up!"