Chapter 10 - House...

We arrived at the gate, which was rusted and we could squeeze through.

 "Typical. Subtle Tony. After you," Kamala and I slid through, Dr. Banner jogging off ahead.

 "I can't believe we're about to knock on Tony Stark's door!" she said excitedly, bounding on her heels.

 "Me neither. Looks like the controls are on the other side. Think you can find a way over there? I mean...I could break through those rocks, but the green guy isn't the best at...talking things out," he said. 

"Good point. I can see why you like this," she said, smashing through a section of the rock wall.

"Uh, no, HE, uh, likes smashing things. Not me," he said. 

"Why not? It's kinda fun," he just sighed and crossed his arms as we waited for Kamala to let us through. The longer we waited, the harder my hands started to shake and sweat. 

"So...what's the best part about being the Hulk? You gotta like something," she said.

 "We should really focus on the drawbridge," he said.

"What are you gonna do? Stand around in silence the whole time?" she asked. 

"Pfft...yeah. Great idea," he rolled his eyes. 

"Eh, suit yourself," It was getting dark, but I could see perfectly fine since I shared my body with a shadow demon that could see in the dark. 

"Woah!" Kamala appeared on a ledge above us, stumbling slightly as she did.

 "Are you okay?" he called.

"Uh, I'm fine. I can see Golden Acres...kinda!" she called back.

 "Great! So...can you jump over and lower the bridge?" he asked. 

"Sure thing!" she chirped, swinging over and assessing the bridge. "Uh, it's stuck on something," she said.

 "Oh. Is it jammed?" he asked.

"Hang on, I think I've got it," The bridge landed with a creak, sending plumes of dust everywhere. "Tada! I hereby grant you passage to Sir Stark's fancy castle!" I smiled slightly, which was odd because normally super energetic people annoyed me.

 "Pff...ok, calm down. Nice job. Sounds like he's up at least," there was rock music blasting through the air, and I squinted slightly as we entered a room full of bright lights.

 "Isn't that one of his 'Top 5 Song to Kick, uh, Butt to?'" Kamala asked.

 "Yep. Good ol' number 4," he mused. I went over to the door, pulling it open to reveal Golden Acres in its faded glory. I felt underwhelmed. This was the Tony Stark. Surely he wasn't living here.

 "This can't be it," Kamala said, sounding slightly disappointed.

 "Let's get this over with," Dr. Banner sighed.

 "So, Tony Stark, THE Tony Stark lives here?" she asked, disappointment lacing her voice as we approached an RV. 

"Yeah, it would appear so," I said, crossing my arms to hide my violently shaking hands. A scruffy-looking man in a grey shirt came out, something in his hand. He glanced back at us briefly as he headed over to a grill.

 "Tony?" Dr. Banner asked tentatively. 

"Hey, Bruce," he greeted, prodding at some grilling sausages. 

"Long night?" Dr. Banner asked. 

"Oh, long 5 years," Stark said.

"Um, at least it's quiet?" he suggested.

 "Hmm...it was," Stark approached Dr. Banner, punching him across the face. 

"Hey! Cool it!" I snapped, stepping between them as the pins and needles started.

"Hi, I'm sorry. Who are you?" Stark snapped. I panicked for a second, losing my voice briefly.

 "Uh...Abila," I said.

"Well, uh Abila, your emerald-eyed friend here is kind of on my shit list," Stark snapped. 

"Okay...I deserve--" he started. 

"Yeah, you're damn right you deserved it. Do the Avengers pose a danger to society? That was the question, Bruce. THAT was the question!" Stark shouted, shoving him again. 

"Did you even check the science? Did you even ch--" he asked. 

"It was a heist, Bruce. We were outsmarted!" Stark said.

"The Terrigen reactor was unstable, and you knew that. You knew that, and yet you still paraded it before the entire world!" this was the first time I had heard Dr. Banner angry, and it scared me. I was already on edge with the pins and needles, and the shouting wasn't helping.

"So, what! We just give up?" Stark snapped.

"We didn't give up, Tony. We failed. At least I can admit that," he said.

"No...No, we failed THEM. We failed them," Stark said, and Dr. Banner hung his head. 

That's when it hit me. Stark was still upset over the loss of Cap and Snake.

"Tony, I don't know how long you're going to be mad at me. And to be honest with you...I don't really care. Take as long as you want. But the kids are Inhuman," Dr. Banner pointed at Kamala and me, who were watching nervously.

 "We did this. And they need your help. I...I can't. I can't," he said, and my jaw almost hung open. He was ditching us? Just like that? 

"You can't what? You're ditching us?" Kamala seemed to share my sentiment. 

"Oh, hey, don't take it personally kid. No. this is what he does, isn't it? And why don't you take a good look around, huh? I can barely help myself!" Stark said agitatedly. 

"This was a mistake," Dr. Banner said.

"Now we agree on something," Dr. Banner started to walk away, and I looked between the two. Anger bubbled up inside, and for once I didn't bother to fight back.

"So you're both just going to walk away? The Avengers were set up! Cap and Snake were murdered!"

"You think I don't know that?! Huh? I've replayed that day in my head a thousand times. The Avengers take the fall, despite saving the day, and that bastard Tarleton walks away, smelling like a rose. And guess what? Guess what...no one cares. No one cares. The world needed someone to blame, and HE gave them their scapegoat," he sneered, jabbing a finger towards the doctor.

 "So, unless you have some kind of astounding proof, I suggest you both get off my land," As he talked, I dug the hard drive out of my pocket and held it up. 

"What is that?" he asked, pointing at it.

"Proof,"