Chapter 19 - Interrogation Anxiety

"Come on, let's get the hell out of here," Kamala slung her arm around my back, and together we hobbled out of the prison, meeting up with Dr. Banner. I was slumped against Kamala, trying my best to stay awake but it was an uphill battle. He scoffed when he saw us. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, more to me than Kamala. 

"Depends on your definition," I chuckled breathlessly.

"I'm sorry. I messed up. This isn't Abila's fault, she just wanted to help," She said. 

"It's okay...um, why don't you, um...why don't you get inside,"

-

3rd Person's POV

Bruce headed to Ahmi's room, which had changed from Abila Najafi to Ahmi Najafi. He smiled, knowing it probably felt good for her. Knocking on the door, it slid open. Ahmi was sat on her bed and looked up as he entered. 

"I know, I know. What I did was stupid, and I shouldn't pull a stunt li--" she was cut off by him wrapping his arms around her.

"I was so worried about you. I thought you had gotten yourself killed," he said, stroking the back of her head. Tentatively, she returned the hug. He pulled back, setting his hands on her arms, making her wince. 

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, concerned. 

"I'm fine, it's no--" he rolled up her sleeve to reveal a burn mark from where she was hit by the Elite Synthoid's laser.

"Okay, a Synthoid may have hit me on the way in," She admitted. He stood up, going over to the bathroom, and grabbing a medkit. He kneeled in front of her, putting some aloe on a bandage before wrapping it up. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked. 

"Tired and starving," she admitted.

"Then get some sleep. I'll find you if anything happens, okay?"

a/n Aww, Bruce is such a dad.