Chapter 22 - Disassembled

Stark launched Hulk through a window, following after him. "Well, I guess that's that, then," I muttered. "I'm alone," I said, defeated. 

Kamala had taken off after the two, leaving me alone in the Command Deck. "Not quite, Ms. Najafi," JARVIS said.

 "JARVIS, I assume you can keep this thing in the air?" I asked. 

"For quite some time, yes," He responded. 

"That's good," I left the Command Deck. 

"I can't just...give up. This can't be how it ends. JARVIS, is there a recording of Dr. Banner's interrogation of Dr. Rappaccini?" I asked, heading towards the interrogation room.

 "Certainly, miss. You can access it in the interrogation antechamber," He informed me.

"If I may be so bold, Ms. Najafi...what do you hope to find in the interrogation footage?" He asked. 

"There's gotta be something--anything--there that can help us. Maybe she slipped up," I responded. I entered the room, grabbing the tablet that was a potential gold mine of information. 

"Okay, interrogation footage. Let's see what we find," I said, pulling up the footage. The footage started playing on the screen in front of me.

"Let me guess--you're planning a big reveal at the Adaptoid launch," Dr. Rappaccini drawled.

 "Come on, Doctor, give me something," I muttered, fast-forwarding the footage.

 "Scour the Earth, you will not find our lab--The Adaptoids will launch, Bruce. Saving the world requires sacrifice!" The doctor shouted. 

"Ugh, this is useless. What was I thinking? I just want my dad. He would know what to do," I muttered.

 "Accessing Amir Najafi's footage," JARVIS said.

"Wait!" I said but paused at seeing his face. It had been 5 years, but it felt like a lifetime since seeing him. 

"Hey, Mzantsi. I don't know how you found this, but it was probably your tech-savvy brain," He chuckled. "Well, uh, I'm recording this in case something ever happens to me before you come of age. If you make it to 21 and I'm not gone, this footage will be deleted and will never see the light of day. There are some things I need to tell you. The first--your mother is not dead, like I told you," My jaw dropped. Every time I asked about my mother, he would tell me she had passed away when I was a baby. "King T'Chaka found out about you when you were 3 years old. He ordered your mother back to Wakanda and declared you would never be allowed in. I...I lied to protect you from the truth.  I didn't want you to be ashamed of being the daughter of an outlaw and a traitor. I should have told you sooner.  I'm sorry, Mzantsi. The second--you are very special. When doing your DNA tests, the doctor discovered that you have alien DNA within you, one that might be activated and give you powers. And third--Abila is not your name. Abila Najafi doesn't really exist. Your name is Ahmi Dzamva, the daughter of Sansi Dzamva and Ake Dzamva. You have your aunt, Ame Zado, your uncle, Zaza Zado, and your cousin, Sinsu Zado. You are Wakandan, and you are from the Border Tribe, lead by W'Kabi. You belong in Wakanda, even if King T'Chaka disagrees with me. When you turn 18, you will receive plane tickets to Wakanda. Go, discover your homeland. Find your family. And if King T'Chaka orders you to leave--refuse. Tell him you are a citizen of Wakanda, and you have the right to be in your homeland. I love you, Mzantsi. Soloko uzimela kwaye ungaze ulibale ukuba ungubani. Kwaye khumbula--Awunakuze ubulale uloyiko, kodwa unokuhlala uluhlula,"

I repeated the phrase with him. You can never kill fear, but you can always overcome it. "Uxolo, tata. Ndilibale," I muttered, tears leaking from my eyes. Determination washed over me as I calmed down. I grabbed the tablet, Rappaccini's words ringing in my ears.

Scour the Earth, you will never find our lab.

a/n Okay, so yesterday was Tom Holland's birthday, so double updates today!