Chapter 32 - War Plans

"JARVIS, I've uploaded the Warship's transmitter database. Trace launch location," Tony ordered.

 "Retracing flight path," JARVIS responded. 

"That D.A.R.K. Terrigen. Tarleton wants to kill us all. We have to do something," I said, my mind still racing from the battle. 

"He can't cure the Inhumans, so he's going to take them all out," Dr. Banner said. 

"And this is just the beginning," Cap muttered.

I felt sick to my stomach. Tarleton was trying to kill my people. He was trying to kill me. A few years ago, I would've agreed. Now I just felt disgusted and sick at the thought.

"Sir?" He asked.

 "What've we got?" Tony asked. 

"According to the flight path, the machine originated from the San Francisco Bay," My jaw nearly hit the floor. San Franciso was a gas-filled quarantine zone, I had heard the reports dozens of times. 

Apparently, Ms. Romanoff shared my sentiment.

"No, that's not possible. I flew over that area dozens of times after A-Day," She snapped.

 "Perhaps this is a ruse. They mean to throw us off course," Thor suggested.

 "Unlikely. Residual radiation and mineral deposits on the wreckage confirm the craft has been in the Bay area recently," JARVIS said. 

"Then how did no one see it?" She asked.

 "Same way they didn't see the Warships coming. It's cloaked," Tony said.

"A quarantine. No aircraft, no ships in or out," Dr. Banner said.

 "Hiding in plain sight," I muttered.

 "Exactly," Tony said.

 "Sir, I've just intercepted a signal," A bunch of red dots appeared, blue lines stretching out from San Fransisco on the map. 

"Warships! Hundreds of them, deploying out of San Fransisco," Tony said.

"No, no! They'll kill thousands if we don't stop them," Kamala said.

 "And once everyone else is dead, they'll come for us," I said weakly. Pins and needles covered my body, the darkness spreading over my skin. 

"No, no, no!" I said, staring at the darkness. 

"Ahmi! Calm down, take a deep breath," Dr. Banner coaxed.

My mind was spinning, and I felt like throwing up. The darkness spread up my neck, seeping to my right eye as she fully took over. Panicking, Tony punched SHE in the side of the head, causing all the pigment to rapidly suck back to where it came from. 

"Ow, Tony. Did you really have to hit me?" I grumbled. 

"You were about to turn into an inkblot!" He objected.

"I'm well aware," I said, rubbing the spot where he hit me.

 "We go to the source. And shut it down!" Cap ordered, unfazed by the event.

 "JARVIS? Plot a course to San Fransisco," He ordered. 

"At once, Captain," JARVIS said.

 "Okay! Well, if we're going into battle with our Big Headed Friend's death fortress, robot army, and the flotilla of Warships...We might as well look good doing it, right?" Tony asked.

We all looked at him, various levels of disbelief on our faces. "Right," He said.

-

As we approached, the quinjet's ramp lowered. We were all decked out in our new armor, and I gotta say, we looked badass. And I'll admit, Tony's suit that he made me was pretty cool. We all loaded up onto the quinjet, taking our seats, and took off towards what we thought was a quarantine zone. 

Cap and Snake stared out the windshield at the damaged and decaying city, their faces ridden with guilt.

"JARVIS? Do you have the fortress?"