Chapter 24 -Agony and...

"Okay, so we know where we need to go, we just need a way to get there," Tony said. 

"Project Starboost, sir? As I recall, you abandoned it because you couldn't generate enough acceleration in the auxiliary rockets," JARVIS reported. 

"Yeah, yeah, no need to bore everyone with the details. That was before I had access to Mr. Shrinky. JARVIS, get Pym on the phone. We need a way to get up to this space lab and he's the only one who could help," A hologram of Dr. Pym appeared as the phone call started.

"Please tell me this is a social call," Dr. Pym begged. 

"Yeah, it is. I need to socialize with a few of your Pym Particles. Need to shrink down an accelerator," Dr. Pym let out a large sigh.

"Well, then you'd need to break into a high-security AIM facility. Ever heard of Meridian?" He asked. 

"You're gonna have a hard time getting in. That place is no joke," Ms. Romanoff had joined the call. 

"Widow?" I asked. 

"I gotta say, you give a hell of a speech when you're pissed at us," I smiled. 

"Oh, if I was pissed you'd have been listening to SHE," I informed her.

"Look, Nat, we were idiots. I'm..." Dr. Banner started. 

"As much as I love your squirming, it sounds like we've got work to do. I can get us to Meridian," She said.

 "Us?" Tony asked. 

"We're in this together, right?" she asked. 

"No time to lose," We quickly loaded onto the quinjet, after Tony gave me a special shake he had originally designed for Cap to drink because he, 'needed a truckload of food a day,' according to Tony.

It filled me right up, and since I had slept I was back at full capacity.

 "AIM confiscated all my research when I was captured. They haven't figured out how to use the particles, but they'll be well protected," Dr. Pym warned.

 "Okay. There aren't a lot of ways into Meridian. I think our best bet will be to hijack one of their HyperCircuit trains and take it directly to the heart of their operation," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "I can hack the trains but it'll leave the Ant Hill exposed, AIM will be able to pinpoint our location. You'll need to hurry," Dr. Pym said.

 "So we go in loud and smash the base up. Good. I prefer the direct approach," Tony said.

 "In all my time undercover inside AIM, I never could get the clearance to see Meridian," She admitted.

"Well, Nat, you're about to get your chance," Tony informed her. 

"Uploading the coordinates to the HyperCircuit station entrance now," Dr. Pym reported.

 "Let's move out," she said, and we lept out of the quinjet and onto the ground as it flew off to a safe space to wait for pickup.

 "So, how many super-secret research bases does AIM have?" Tony asked. 

"Too many. But Meridian is its most important one, besides New York," she said.

"Are you nervous about using Pym's particle tech on your suit?" she asked. 

"Hank's smart, but his Pym Particles are unstable on their best day. If he can get it working it might be just what we need, so...let's say hoping for a miracle?" Tony said. 

"You know I can still hear you, right?" Dr. Pym asked.

 "Oh, crap, Nat. We did it again. Sorry! Changing channels," I smirked at the fact this wasn't the first time.

"There's the HyperCircuit station. It's protected by a forcefield. Destroy the field's power source and I'll hack into their system to call a train," Pym said as my arm went dark.

A shadow ball appeared and my eyes widened.

 "That's new," I said, flinging it and destroying a turret. I lobbed another at the power source, letting the darkness seep in and destroy it from the inside. 

"Oh crap, that's not good," Pym said. 

"I don't like the sound of that," Tony admitted.

 "I'm running into some serious firewalls here. I need some more time," he said. 

"On it, just get us that train!" Tony said.

 There was a mess of projectiles as we fought the wave of enemies that had appeared. 3 Adaptoids appeared, and boy were they a pain in the ass to fight. One of them landed a beam on my arm, but other than that I didn't take any damage other than punches from the robots but those were pretty easy to ignore.

"Okay, I'm in. Train's ready for you. But the whole place is on alert now," Pym warned. 

"We'll deal," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "Choo, choo! All aboard!" Tony crowed. 

"Really, Tony?" she asked. 

We all filed into the train, Tony imputing a code.

"Security clearance accept, Dr. Belova. Please board at your leisure," The intercom lady said.

 "Belova?" Tony asked.

 "One of my old aliases," she explained. 

"Damn it! AIM has been spotted near the Ant Hill we need that particle sample ASAP," Pym exclaimed.

 "We may be out of time, Hank," Ms. Romanoff warned.

"Not yet!" Pym snapped. I bit my tongue. Surely the Ant Hill would hold. Surely everyone could get out. 

We haven't lost, not yet.

 "We're almost there. Let's get what we came for,"