Chapter 11 - ...Call

"This better be good," Stark said, taking a seat at a computer. We had gone into his RV to review the footage, and so the other three could see.

 "Hm...kinda buried the lead, you know. Could have told me about that earlier? No, no, no. No sitting on my couch. You're still on the list," Stark pointed at Dr. Banner, who stopped his movement and stood back up. 

"Where'd you get this?" Stark asked. 

"Guessed your password on some Resistance blog," I said.

"Impressive," he said, but I wasn't done yet. 

"And really? iamironman?" I asked.

 "Really? Huh. Thought I changed that," he pulled up the footage, and it started rolling. "Sone of a bi...tch," he swore. 

"I know it's incomplete. There's a whole folder on AIM's server," I sighed. 

"No, no, there...there's more here," he said.

 "What?" I asked, looking over his shoulder. 

"Yeah, look it. Smart, they encrypted it to look like a corrupt file. Need a few hours, I'll get all the rest," there was the notification of a message. 

"What is this? Who is, who is tiny_dancer?" I went over, seeing the message on the screen. 

You are in danger. AIM is coming.

"Oh, no...We have to get out of here!" I said, going over to the window and looking through the blinds. 

"What? You know this shameless Elton John fan?" Stark asked, leaning back in his chair. 

"They helped me get out of Jersey. I wouldn't be here if they hadn't warned me about AIM," I admitted.

 "Really? tiny_dancer?" he asked. 

"Look, we really should go. Now," I said tensely.

"I would have gone with Rocket Man. Okay, I've got to get dressed," Stark lifted a panel from the floor, going down a few stairs.

 "You have a suit?" Dr. Banner asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah...maybe, sorta. We'll see," he jumped down the rest of the stairs as we headed outside. The house behind us started blowing up, sending rubble flying.

"You always loved to make an entrance, Stark! How did I do?" Tarleton asked over a PA.

 "Eh, I'll give you 7/10. Good to see you, Georgie-boy. You've been working out? Steal any other billion-dollar companies lately?" Stark asked. 

"Just yours," Tarleton sneered. The jet blew up one of the windows, Stark flying away out of sight behind some rubble. 

"You're gonna pay for that window, Tarleton!" Stark shouted.

"THIS is your new place? I expected more mirrors," he sneered. 

"I got rid of everything that didn't spark joy. Guess what pile you're in," Stark retorted.

 "Turn over the girl, Stark!" Tarleton demanded. 

"And that'll get you off my lawn?" he asked. 

"Uh...Mr. Stark--" Kamala started.

 "I'm joking, kid. Just stay near the nice green man. Well, you know, she seems fine to me," 
He said. 

"Inhumans are sick, they need treatment," Tarleton sneered. 

"Haha! Do people actually buy that crap? How's Tarleton controlling the machines?" he asked. 

"I don't know. He got powers after the accident. I saw him controlling a robotic spider thing once," Kamala said. 

"Well, he's leveled up from spiders. Hey, drive girl, anytime you feel like joining in the fight!" he said.

"Crap. Gimme a sec!" I shouted. 

"You have looked down on me from the moment we met. Let me introduce you to what I like to call--" I screwed up my face. "Come on, SHE. Work with me, here!" I growled. 

"Stay close to the Hulk. Or as close as he'll let you," Stark warned. 

"No, I got this. Watch," Kamala said.

"Wait! You're not ready for--Or maybe you are. Again, drive girl, help would be appreciated!" She grew to about triple her normal size.

 "Don't blame me if I do any damage," I said, then let SHE come out to play. 

"Finally! I'm surprised to see you and Banner together again," Tarleton sneered as SHE lept into the fray, black tendrils picking up bots and flinging them into the canyon. 

"Well, Brucie and I are seeing people about our issues. They're great. One's short and stretchy, the other's black, octopussy, really good at guessing passwords," Stark said. 

"Still putting the weak in danger. You never learn," Tarleton sneered.

"Weak? Is that why you sent an army to take them down?" he asked. 

"Right? It's kind of a compliment, actually," She said.

 "I like you more every second, kid," he said. 

"Incoming!" The jet moved closer towards the house.

 "You heard Dr. Banner's testimony, Stark. The Avengers were dangerous. I wasn't the one who ordered you to be dissolved," Tarleton said.

"All this for me? Aw, you shouldn't have!" Stark said. 

"Don't flatter yourself. I've barely lifted a finger," Tarleton said.

 "So the kid's right? You're mind-melding with robots now?" he asked.

"You're choosing sides in a battle you don't fully understand," Tarleton sneered.  

"I chose my side 5 years ago. You showed up and forced my hand," he said.

"Give me the girls and you and Banner can do whatever you want," Tarleton negotiated. 

"Forget it," SHE sneered. 

"Took the words right out of my mouth!" he shouted. 

They were having trouble with the large bot, so SHE grabbed it with two of her tendrils and ripped it in half. "You need to listen to logic and reason," Tarleton said.

"Why start now?"  Hulk went over to the trailer, grabbing it and lifting it. 

"Wait! No! My stuff was in there!" Hulk lobbed it at the jet, taking it out. All the AIM bots deactivated, flopping to the floor in useless piles of metal. Hulk shrank back into Dr. Banner and ran over to where SHE was still flinging bots into the canyon. 

"Okay, you need to breathe," the darkness drained from her face, and I regained control.

"Let's...not do that again any time soon,"