Tryna

"I was basically your diary. Shouldn't have said so much" Irene laughs at me.
"Yeah yeah. But at least you know what's going on" I say.

"How does this Jungkook guy even look like? He must be pretty good looking if you're calling him handsome" she says with a teasing smile.
"Puh-lease sister. You'll be drooling" I say with an all knowing smile, getting a picture to show her.

"Oh wow. You weren't kidding" she says as she takes my phone with shaky hands, holding it closer to her face. She keeps on shaking the phone.

"Let me" I say as I hold up my phone for her. I go through the whole group's photos.

"Damn. You got lucky in life" she says impressed but a smile grows.
"And I'm lucky since I'm single and your sister" she says with a cheeky grin.

"I haven't seen them in forever" I say.
"I know. You should probably call them" she says.

"And say what? Jungkook will probably track down my call and find us here along with the whole armada" I say as I roll my eyes.

"How'd you even break out of prison?" She asks.
"A magician never reveals her secret" I say with a grin.

"Lucas is taking long" I bring up from the absence of Lucas.
"Maybe he's lost" Irene brushes it off.
"Doubt it" I say as I look at the closed door.

"I'm sure he's fine" she reassures.
"Anyway, based on what I heard, I'm assuming you two ain't together yet" she starts.

"Lucas and I? Nah. I don't need anything like that" I say and she gives me a look.
"What?"

"Sounds to me like you do need someone. Someone to keep you in check" she says.
"I don't need anyone" I stubbornly say.
"But you do."
"Do not."
"Do too."
"Do not."

"Shit shit shit" Lucas says all panicky as he enters the room. Irene dramatically gasps.

"Lucas said a bad word" she says with wide eyes.
"Drop the act" I say and she reverts back to her neutral face.
"No fun" she mutters.

"I'll ask about that later but we got bigger problems" Lucas says in a rush.
"So I decided to actually pick up the phone for your friends and help them out since you need to be out of jail now" he says as he refers to Irene.

"But then they somehow flipped the tables on me and now they're coming here" he continues, out of breath.
"Hmm...ok" I say with nod.

"You're surprisingly calm" he says, starting to get nervous.
"Well, they have a few hours before they get here" I say.

"So we can stay for another hour or two. No need to rush. It's already pretty difficult to find a person so we'll be fine. Are they coming to the hospital or to the town?" I ask.
"The hospital" he says and I lightly smack him over the head.

"You're an idiot. You couldn't have taken the call somewhere else" I sigh.
"Sorry" he says as he looks down.

"Good intentions, Buddy" I say, hand on his shoulder, trying to cheer him up.

"Well then, Sis. We'll be back. I hope you get to meet them. They're nice people" I say and she tiredly sighs.

"I don't want to deal with nice people" she says, looking highly uninterested.
"Now who's starting to sound like dad" I counter with a smirk.

"I take that as a compliment" she proudly says.
"You're such a daddy's girl" I tease further.
"And you were the difficult rebel" she bites back.

"Excuse you, I've got my own mafia. What do you have-nothing" I proudly say and she glares at me.

"And that's enough of that" Lucas says, looking somewhat embarrassed as he puts a hand on my shoulder.