Chapter 1

"raya! Come down!" I walked downstairs my hands in the pockets of my joggers with a pencil tucked behind my ear, to the kitchen where my mum stood leaning against the counter with a bored look plastered on her face. "Michael is home today go and change."

I shook my head and walked out of the kitchen. These were my paint covered joggers, comfy for my longer pieces and just some I didn't care getting dirty. I loved to draw, paint and create art it was my way of expressing myself. The doorbell rang and before I could run up to my room mum asked me to get it.

I walked to the door pulling it open seeing Michael with a tanned guy, a tall blonde haired and blue eyed guy and another with dyed red hair.

I leave the door open going to couch to listen to my music in peace which didn't last long. "hey I don't think we've met before" a new voice. I look up taking one of the headphones out to listen to the blondie trying to talk to me.

"I'm luke-"

He was cut off by a voice I knew too well and missed but I would tell anyone that. Not like they would notice anyways.

"she doesn't talk. She's wierd" he said quickly.

"that's doesn't make her wierd Michael, she's just quiet" the tanned one spoke. I wanted to smile but I hadn't in a long time.

"doesn't matter, that's raya. Raya that's calum, luke and ashton". He pointed to each person as he told me who they were earning a wave from each of them, I could feel their auras and just from how they stood and acted I could tell they were genuine and warm people. People who you would find comfort in quickly and could trust very easily.

I nod my head as a hello back and excuse myself to my room. I say room at this point it's an art studio with a bed in it.

A few easels with paintings resting on them, stood around the room and a box of sketch books hidden in my closet. My journal put under my mattress, for my eyes only.

My door swung open making me jump from the sudden noise almost ruining the painting I was doing, I suck in a breath and look over my shoulder seeing Michael stood in the doorway.

"long time no see. Still a shit hole in here, mum wants you for dinner. Also don't talk to my friends they can do better" he quickly leaves not wanting to be around me any longer than he has to and I don't blame me. I sigh and nod putting my phone in my pocket and walking out of my room closing the door behind me.

We sat at the dinner table in silence I pushed the food around my plate.
"your not gonna eat?" the whisper came from Calum who was sat beside me. I didn't answer. I just wasn't hungry like always.

"raya. eat something, dont push food around your plate please." She brought unwanted attention to me as she spoke out loud. I put my headphones in turning the music up to drown out my mother.

I stand and put my plate on the counter and go back to my room. I wanted to finish this piece I had been working on for a while now so I planned on going at it all night like I usually would.

Michael's pov

"raya. Eat something don't push food around your plate please" catching all of our attention. She puts in the headphone and carries on for a little bit before standing and walking out, mum sighed before leaving the table aswell.

"is she an artist? She has a pencil behind her ear" ashton asked and I answer simply "yep."

"wow that's cool. Is she any good?" he continues
"I have to go and get blankets from her room in a minute you can come if you must. it's just a studio"