English Class

I was at my locker looking through everything that the secretary gave me Schedule, rules, map, locker no. I don't want to walk around the grounds with my nose in a map so I take one look at it grab the books i need for my first class and close my locker.

"Hey, y/n" a voice says from 3 lockers down.

I look up and see ponyboy taking his books out. He's wearing the same old white converse and a worn shirt.

"Hey Pony, what class are you going to?" I asked curiously.

"English with Mr. Syme. How bout you?" he replied with a smile while closing his locker.

"Same" I said as I walked in the direction of class.

"Hey how's your stitches coming along?" he asked while catching up to me.

"Yeah they're just fine they hurt some times but it's all good. By the way I have your shirt in my locker I washed it last night," I replied.

"Nah, Keep it. I don't wear it and it certainly looks better on you" he said as he walked into class.

I blushed and walked into class my face the colour of fire.

Mr. Syme was sitting at his desk and he said "This is y/n Winston and she's new here everyone be nice,".

Man I hate it when teachers do that it's so embarrassing. I looked around the class and I noticed that there was one of the socs there from the Drive In.

The only empty seat was one at the back of the class beside the soc so I sat down but didn't look at him.

As I walked to my seat Ponyboys eyes followed me. His jaw clenched when he realised who I was sitting beside and glanced back at me once more before concentrating on the board.

The class was easy, we were studying Edgar Allen Poe. Something that I had already covered back in New York.

I spent most of it praying that the soc wouldnt talk to me but it obviously didn't work.

"Hey, you that chick from the Drive-In?" He whispered.

I ignored him and kept looking at the board.

"Well, are you?" he asked again.

Ponyboy turned his head and glared at the soc but he didn't see him.

"Hey you deaf or something Greaser Girl? I'm talking to you," He said while rocking back on his chair.

"Nah, not deaf. I just know not to waste my time on idiots," I whispered fearlessly.

I looked over and Ponyboy had a smug grin on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey your a fiesty one arnt ya." the soc commented.

Just then the bell rang, I stood on his foot and muttered "Jackass" before I darted out of the class.

When I closed my locker door Ponyboy was standing there.

"Man, you almost gave me a heart attack," I said with my hand on my chest.

"You know I didn't like it when I saw you sit beside that son of a bitch. I knew he'd recognise you. Then I saw how you handled the loud mouth and Wow. I was impressed." he said while never breaking eye contact.

"I'm from New York. I can defend myself pretty darn well," I said while chuckling.

"I'm going to History class next." he said.

"Em, Math for me, see you after pony" I said while looking at my schedule.

We walked down the corridor and looked at eachother quickly before splitting up.