Better Weapon Than A Blade

I wanted to punch someone but I know that if I did then I would be beaten up. 7 against 1 ain't great odds.

"Bait?" I questioned.

"Yeah, from what I've heard you're Winston's kid cousin and your dating another greaser," the guy with the rings spat

"Bob maybe we should just-" Cherry started.

"No, Cherry. We can't back out now," Bob said.

I couldn't do anything to try get away so I just asked "How do you know about me and Ponyboy?"

As far as I knew, not even Dally had found out about Ponyboy and I going on a date.

"We found this in Loverboy's locker when we were trying to take his stuff. We decided that this would be much better," One of the guys behind Bob handed out a sheet of paper.

I took it and immediately recognised it. It was what I wrote in my notebook on Monday night. Y/n Curtis was written across the page. How Ponyboy got this, I had no clue.

"let's get this over with," the other guy beind Bob sighed. He had dark brown hair and wore a red madras shirt.

They crowded around me and I decided to attempt one last run for it. I sprinted out of the soc circle I was now in only to be pulled backwards my Bob and the guy who handed me the paper.

They threw me on the floor and kicked me in the ribs right where my stitches were healing. I felt them bust open.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out the red handled switch-blade that Dally stole for me when I was 11. Altough I have never opened it and hate the sight of the thing, Dally made sure I knew how to use it.

Some of the socs took a step back while others laughed. I did notice that Cherry did look slightly frightened. I tried to give he a look of sympathy but she mistook it for threat.

I didn't expect the red head to throw a chair at me... Then again, it's not a very common thing to expect.

One of the legs hit my temple and I felt something warm trickle down the side of my head... Definately blood.
___________
TW OVER
=========

The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Cherry on the verge of tears while the everyone else ran from the library.

"I'm so sorry," she sobbed.

Then darkness.

Sorry for the short chapter but I just cant waste a good cliffhanger ending 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Stay Gold